• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud storage seems to have files in it

Contributor ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked about this issue about 2 years ago and the link to the answer in the forum no longer works, so sorry but I am asking it again.
I only sync images via collections, but I noticed that I have 2.1gb of files in my 20gb Cloud Stoarge. I have always had 3.5mb in there, but how do I find what the 2.1GB are?

The Creative Cloud website (https://assets.adobe.com/files) shows no files synced
Thank you

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you sync up files, then they end up in the Lightroom section of your cloud space. That is a different section. You can view what's there by going to https://lightroom.adobe.com. Do you use Lightroom on your phone and shoot photos with it? Those too end up here.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on deleted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Johan and GoldingD:
I went where Johan suggested and found 16 files in the deleted foldeer, which as per GoldingD I then deleted.

I have never used Lightroom, only Lightroom Classic and all files sycned are synced via collections which have not taken any Cloud space.

Lightroom classic sync (Top right corner still showing 2.1GB stored) as is adobe.lightroom.com screen print attached.

There are 36 files showing in CONNECTIONS and it says in PORTFOLIO. Not sure why those files are showing.

Most of my synched files are used in Adobe Portfolio or Adobe Express.

Any further hints?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emptying Cloud Storage:

If you’ve removed synced items from your Creative Cloud Storage and still show space consumed for which you cannot account check the following:

Check for files you’ve stored in your Creative Cloud Folder: https://assets.adobe.com/files 

Check for Deleted items from your Creative Cloud Folder: https://assets.adobe.com/deleted 

Additionally, Presets you’ve synced via the Lightroom Ecosystem accumulate space and can be managed via your Lightroom Desktop, Mobile or Web interface. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rikk
I checked all the places you suggested. They all show no files. (see screen grabs)
I have 7 user presets - haven't used them for years. I never use presets now, rarely did then. I am unaware of ever having synced them. Certainly not since the cloud storage jumped from 3.5mb to 2.1GB
 Am I missing something else to check??

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk; See exchanges between Johan and myself below.
I am guessing that the 2.1GB are cellphone photos that were syned when I briefly had Lightrrom on my cell phone (I had forgotten about that) but I have no way of knowing which ones were synced that way vs purposely syned from Lightoom Classic.

Must admit I am confused between the assets.adobe folders you mention above (which all show no photos) vs the lightroom.adobe.com folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going through lightroom.adobe.com I noticed there are photos from my phone which I would never have intentionally synced. I just remembered that I did, for a short period of time have the Lightroom App on my phone as I was looking for a new camera app. I don't have the Lightroom App on my phone anymore. That might be some of the 2.1gb cloud storage.

How can I delete those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to delete them from lightroom.adobe.com. Click on a photo and hold down your mouse button.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Johan.

I'll go try

(If I accidently delete one from lightroom.adobe.com that I am using in a Portfolio or Express, will they disappear off the portfolio or Express website I had used it in?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think they are synched automatically. BTW, tap and hold works on my iPad, but it may also be right-click on a computer. The photo is selected with a checkmark, and you get a green bar at the top with several options, including deleting the selected image(s).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I see the options on my desktop when I select the image with a checkmark.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post is out of sequence, but I can't delete it and post it in the proper sequence. It was to go at the end of this exchange

FYI Johan Re my earlire question:

"(If I accidently delete one from lightroom.adobe.com that I am using in a Portfolio or Express, will they disappear off the portfolio or Express website I had used it in?)"

I tested adding an image to a Portfolio website and then deleting it from synced photos.

It did not seem to delete it from the Portfolio website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to filter in lightroom.adobe.com for cell phone pictures only?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typing 'Camera: iPhone' in the search field does it for me.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried some variations on that and found "samsung" brought up cellphone images
But in a very mixed up sequence🙄

Better than nothing

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a mixed sequence too for iPhone images. No idea why. At the bottom left of the grid you can sort them on capture date rather than relevance.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One last (?) question (Thank you for your help and patience)
Is there a way to filter for synced from using Lightroom vs synced from Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am being asked to indicate the correct answer to my question....
I really haven't had a correct answer as there seems to be no way to defintely show what is using my cloud storage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines