• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Collection for Book disappeared

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I compiled a 160 page book and sent it to Blurb. I then wanted to go back to the same collection, go to Book and then make another book with far less photos in it but still with all of my descriptions which I had put in under Book. 

The collection is no longer there. It would be a huge job to start again. Any suggestions?  or do I need to start again from sratch.

I did order the PDF of the book and assume that will arrive after the book is producted.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working with more than one Lightroom Classic catalog? If so, you may have opened a different catalog containing the book.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No just the one catalogue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Flyingkiwi747 That's the only suggestion I have. In many years of using Lightroom/Lightroom Classic, I've never seen anything go missing by it's self. Have you tried your backup catalogs?

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is EASY to loose your work if you are using the Book, Print, Web and Slideshow modules if you don't enter the modules by double clicking the module saved collections and instead hit the Module picker.  (This is written for Print but if you are using one of the other modules just replace the word Print)

1 In Library grid mode open the File menu and enable (check) the top three menu items in sequence. "Enable Filters Lock Filters and Rember........."

2. Go into the Print Module and in Collections hit the + and then select "Create Print". The collection will have a Printer looking icon by it.

3. Go to Library/Grid and select the Print Collection you just created and make sure it has NO FILTERS.

4. From now on if you want to change the photos for the custom layout you are doing DO NOT filter in the Print Module and DO NOT use the PRINT button at the top or a shortcut to select the Print Module. ALWAYS just double click the Print collection in Library. Also DO NOT apply a filter to the Print collection.

5. To change what is in the Print collection, you can go to any other Folder or Collection in Library/Grid and filter all you want. Then drag the photos into the Print collection. Then double click the Print collection to reenter the Print module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Book editing is stored in a special 'Saved' Book Collection. (NOT a standard Collection).

And to create this Book Collection- the FIRST thing you must do when you start a new book is to click on-

2021-10-31 12_40_51-Window.jpg

Then, forever after, when you want to edit this Book you [Double-click] on the Saved Book Collection in the Collections panel.

2021-10-31 12_41_33-Window.jpg

Only ever use the Module Menu [Book] when you want to start a NEW book, as this does NOT recognize previous Book editing.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks I appreciate the replies and will try tonight when I get home and
let you know how it goes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines