• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color and level samples in ACR and LRc

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I regularly use Lightroom to import and edit the images from a photoshoot, sometimes when there is only a single RAW image I care about, I go straight to Photoshop and do the initial tweaks in Adobe Camera Raw.  Photoshop ACR and the LRc develop module are now quite similar.  But ACR has a color sampler and LRc does not.  LRc expresses levels on a 0 - 100 scale while ACR uses 0 - 255.  I do understand the origin of the 255 scale.  But I would find it helpful to have both scales available on both platforms.  Perhaps a preferences choice.
Thanks.
George Butch
Plantation, FL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GButch 

This is not the forum to make feature suggestions. All feature suggestions should go here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The 0-100 scale in LrC refers to the internal working colourspace only, which presumes no particular output colourspace (an important principle of the LrC approach as distinct from ACR's approach where a given output colourspace is positively stated). A 0-255 scale would have no practical meaning without first stating, in which output colourspace. The numbers differ, depending which.

You can however 'explore' the effect of a particular colourspace inside Lightroom Classic, by using Softproof (for example setting ProPhoto - or whatever else you are routinely working to inside ACR).

In this mode the readout just below the histogram switches to show 0-255 values for that colourspace, instead of the more usual 0-100 scale.

Note that the moment you make any variation to LrC adjustments while in this mode, you will be prompted for making a new proofing (virtual) copy to hold that new change distinct from the starting image version's own current set of adjustments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines