Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRC = 11.3.1

Windows 10 Pro  21H1   Build 19043.1706   

Windows and Apps on SSD drive

User and data on hard drives

Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz  RAM 32GB

On a very few Nikon NEF photos from my D800 Lightroom Classic will render the image with color bands as shown in screenshot below.  The banding is there at all zoom levels.

If I use Nikon's ViewNX-i the file is rendered with no color bands and looks fine even zoomed way it.

I have been seeing this for some years now, and just wrote it off as file corruption on my CF card since it happens rarely, but was checking photos today with ViewNX-i and its Lightroom that is rendering it wrong.  I have also attached the NEF file so you can reproduce the issue.  Note attachment was not accepted so here it is on my One Drive.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!An-2gAxktTe6vxKNBVmip9YMHLvI?e=YZn4SX 

Lightroom C8H7934.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

First try discarding the preview and then re-creating the preview.

Library->Previews->Discard 1:1 preview

Library->Previews->Build 1:1 preview

If that doesn't work:

This is a corrupted file and cannot be used. Restore a copy from your backups or from your camera card.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First try discarding the preview and then re-creating the preview.

Library->Previews->Discard 1:1 preview

Library->Previews->Build 1:1 preview

If that doesn't work:

This is a corrupted file and cannot be used. Restore a copy from your backups or from your camera card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a corrupted file.  I guess ViewNX-I is able to recover some corrupted files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's showing you the embedded jpeg, not the full raw data. The embedded jpeg is just a small part of the file and can be ok in an otherwise corrupted file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ViewNX-I is showing raw data.  It has a button for switching between embedded preview and raw data.  The image that has the problem in LRC shows good for both preview and raw in ViewNX-I.  That image is corrupted as reloading it off the CF card fixed it so LRC rendered it correctly.  So ViewNX-I has some built in recovery capability, but it is a Nikon product so it knows those files better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines