• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Cast

Enthusiast ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I trasfer my photos to my Laptop a red color cast appears on photos in Lightroom Classic.  The color cast is strong in areas that were originally orange and/or red.

If I open the same photos in Photoshop on my laptop, the color cast is not there, and the photos match the photos in LRc on my computer.  Both computers are calibrated and no presets are applied when importing the photos into LRc on my laptop.

The same problem also occurs in Bridge on my laptop.

Please help.

LR Classic 11.0.1

Windows 10

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

@EricBier wrote:

The problem occurs with Lightroom Classic and Bridge on my laptop, however, the problem does not occur when the photo is opened in Photoshop on my laptop.  

Sounds like a flaky display profile on one of the machines. Or the GPU on one of the machines perhaps. First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance tab). Any better?
If not, go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Better?
If not, recalibrate and bu

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like 'whatever' application you are viewing the image in outside of Photoshop and Lightroom Classic is NOT color managed. What are you using? 

A calibrated display, a document with an embedded profile defining its color space is an unknown attribute outside of color managed applications. And that sounds like your problem. 

Not all Windows applications are color managed. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding.

The problem occurs with Lightroom Classic and Bridge on my laptop, however, the problem does not occur when the photo is opened in Photoshop on my laptop.  I thought that all three of these apps are color managed and I am only referring to them.  I am not using another app on my laptop.  I also checked on my iPhone when viewing photos in the mobile app and the color cast does not appear there. This problem started after I reinstalled Windows and the three Adobe apps.  I also calibrated with Spyder software, however, the calibration does not seem to be the issue since applying it has little effect on the color.  

BTW @digitaldog, I appreciate your participation in this forum and I have benefited from your insights over many years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@EricBier wrote:

The problem occurs with Lightroom Classic and Bridge on my laptop, however, the problem does not occur when the photo is opened in Photoshop on my laptop.  

Sounds like a flaky display profile on one of the machines. Or the GPU on one of the machines perhaps. First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance tab). Any better?
If not, go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Better?
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.
If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. 
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appears to be the GPU.  I turned it off and the color cast went away.  I tried turning it back on, and the color cast was still gone!  Now the photos look the same on both machines and the iPhone.

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines