• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Full Screen mode: Print & Book modules show wrong colors but output correctly

Contributor ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic 10.0 on macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 shows the original, unedited version of the photo when using the "Zoom to Fill" function in the Print module. In other words: All the edits done on the photo do not show when "Zoom to Fill" is checked. This seems to happen regardless of the Paper size setting or any other setting in the Print module.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 127 Replies 127
127 Comments
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ben,

I have not created a book yet, but I assumed that is how it would work out. I have printed numerous times, the photo looks undeveloped in the print module if "zoom to fill" is selected but the actual print colors match the colors in the develop module. I am not sure what is going on or why.

It is really too bad that DPP is slow on every single computer I have tried, that could sway me to stop using LR after more than 10 years of use.

Kind regards,

Dimitri 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the exact same issue. Toggling "Zoom to Fill" option shows a different preview. How is this not fix yet for almost a year?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon

I have had this problem for a few months.

I am on LrC 10.4 using Big Sur 11.5.1.

If I try to "Zoom Photo to Fill Cell" an image in the Book Module, the zoomed version looks flat/dull compared to the original as you can see from the screen shot below.

LrC Book Module.png

The image on the left is WITHOUT the "Zoom Photo to Fit Cell" setting and the one on the right is WITH.

This means that you have to resize every picture which doesn't have the same dimensions/ratio as the template, something not practical when making books with hundreds of images.

Hopefully you can point me in the right direction to fix the problem.

Many thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has acknowledged this bug, and it's still open in their internal bug tracker:

https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-full-scree... 

That bug report should have been copied from the old forum to this forum earlier this month, but Adobe is still working through glitches in copying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A big thank you for your reply John - much appreciated - and hopefully this bug will be solved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My images in Develop mode and Library mode match in terms of colours. When in either mode if I switch to Full screen mode (on the same monitor), the colours remain the same. But the moment in zoom (using the spacebar), the colours seem to desaturate. It's like it's using a different colour profile only when zoomed in (1:1) on full screen mode. I don't see this issue any other time.

Files attached. 'Full screen mode 100% zoom.jpg' is clearly using a different profile

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Use Graphics Processor' is set to Auto, however I have tried toggling the settings here (without restarting Lr) but it hasn't made any difference. I'm on BigSur 11.6 on an M1 Mac Mini, LrC 10.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an outstanding bug in LR 10 with no workaround posted. LR 11 will likely come out in a few weeks and hopefully it will fix the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: Lightroom Classic Renders image incorrectly in full-screen preview view, when zooming an image.

Elaborated: When I view an image in the full-screen preview view, the image renders normally at first, and the colors appear vibrant. When I zoom in while using full-screen preview, it appears to display the original image straight out of camera, without edits, color adjustments, etc. This is especially noticeable with raw images. In the example photos, you can see the normal image while zoomed out, and a dull image when zoomed in. Issue does not occur when not using full-screen preview.

• Lightroom Classic Version Number: 10.4 release, camera raw 13.4
  • OS Version Number: macOS 11.4 (20F71)

Steps to reproduce:

1. ... import a photo (I always shoot raw)
  2. ...apply any adjustment
  3. ...Open full screen preview (F)
  4. ... Click on image to zoom

Expected result: Should display image as it appears when not zoomed in. Should display latest image with adjustments, edits, etc.
Actual result: Displays what appears to be the original image straight out of camera, noticeably duller in color and without any edits made.Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 6.53.36 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-10-07 at 6.53.51 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, this happens to me in the library and develop modules, not the print module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right -- there are a number of similar posts in that bug thread reporting the same symptoms.  (Adobe has acknowledged the bug.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I display a photo in Lightroom Classic in full screen zoomed in, Lightroom displays a slightly desaturated version of the photograph. The change in colors can be visibly observed in two ways:

• Entering e.g., 100% zoom level in the Library Loupe view (E), then toggling Full screen (F). The photo displayed in full screen is desaturated.
  • Enter full screen mode and click on the picture to zoom in to the preset zoom level. The photo displayed when zoomed in is desaturated.

The phenomenon only appears in the Library module. Opening the photo from the Develop module and entering full screen mode while zoomed in fixes the issue.

The phenomenon only appears when the zoom level in full screen mode is set to anything other than "Fit" zoom level. Any numeric zoom level, e.g., 50%, 100%, 200%, and the "Fill" zoom level will show the issue.

The phenomenon seems unaffected by GPU setting in the preferences.

I have attached two screenshots showing the issue. In the first screenshot, the photo is displayed normally while Lightroom is not in full screen mode. In the second screenshot, I enter full screen mode, and the photo instantly becomes desaturated. (It's more easily visible if you download the two images and toggle between them.)

Képernyőfotó 2021-10-18 - 19.51.12.pngKépernyőfotó 2021-10-18 - 19.52.07.png

Is this a known issue? Is there any known workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

quand je mets une photo sur la couverture d'un livre (Blurb), elle se désature quand je coche "remplir la cellule avec la photo". Cela ne le fait pas du tout si la case est décochée...

Une explication ?

Merci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you tell us which Adobe application you're using so we can move the thread to the correct forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quand je travaille sur Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known bug:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-full-screen-mode-print-amp-book-modules-show...

Even though the title of the bug report says "Print & Book modules", there are several users in that thread reporting the symptoms when zooming in Library and Develop full-screen. Adobe has acknowledged the bug.  

LR 11 will likely be out in a week or two, and hopefully it will fix this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean that when you send the book to Blurb to print, the settings are back to "normal" ?

I was afraid to send the book with the error, thinking that the print would make it

I see this problem only on the cover, not in the inside pages...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem but found that it was related to using "Zoom to fit" Toggling that on had a marked (unwanted) effect on the colours as seen in Develop, and the changed colours were reproduced in the print. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic on an iMac running OS 11.3 Big Sur.

I find when I have edited a photo and go to PRINT mode, the colour loses the adjustments I made in the photo.  At least it seems to desaturate.

I am printing to JPEG File and am using Adobe rgb.

Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If using Zoom to Fill it is a known bug as described in this post. If not using Zoom to Fill it may be as follows.

The Develop module Loupe view is in ProPhoto RGB color space (Melissa RGB). All other LrC modules use the narrower Adobe RGB color space. So if your image file has content outside Adobe RGB gamut you will see a reduction in color saturation when switching to the Print module. This has no effect on print and file output. It only effects the screen preview. You will need to use the Develop module soft proof to get the most accurate rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate