• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color label filter + changing color label in loupe view leads to image deselection (LR 11)

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: image gets deselected after changing/removing color lable

Lightroom Classic Version Number: 11.0 Build 202110120910-0bccc70d 

OS Version Number: Windows 10.0.18363

Steps to reproduce:

1. Have some images in your current folder/collection/...
  2. Activate attribute filter and select some color labels there (including "none")
  3. Select one image and open in Loupe View
  4. Change color label of selected image (maybe change it a few times - can be done fast or slow. Issue only occures sometimes.) - use only color labels that are selected in color filter

Expected result: Color label should change, image should stay selected all the time.
Actual result: Color label changes, but sometimes imge gets deselected. Loup view says that no image is selected and I have to go back to grid view and select it again. (I guess the color label filter leads to a complete refresh of the images as if I change the filter.)

Issue never occured befor the last update.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got moved to discussion? Without any comment? So not an error, but worsened by designe I guess? Wow. 🙄

Whatever... just for completeness:

I just recognized that also in grid view this happens sometimes.

I selected 3 photos, which were marked red and then removed the color label by pressing 6 on the keyboard. "Red" and "None" (and others) are shown, only green is deactivated in the attribute filter. After I pressed 6 the 3 images disappeared for less than a second and then appeared again - without the red label (as expected) and unselected (not as expected).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably indicates no-one else can replicate it. You've given clear steps and I've tried on PC and just now on Mac without seeing the same behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to reproduce the problem on my LR 11.0.1 / Mac OS 11.6.  Troubleshooting steps:

1. Do the menu command Metadata > Color Label Set and make sure Lightroom Default is selected.

2. Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom default is not selected as I have customized my labels. I didn't described that as it shouldn't make any differences.

But I can try this later on when I have time to do all my settings again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you wrighting metadata to xmp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do.

But I did use XMP sidecar files since Lightroom 2 without issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines