• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Profiles in Lightroom

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, So I bought a new camera (Canon EOS R) and I absolutely love it but I am having issues with Ligthroom and the Color profiles. I shoot in RAW so when Import images from the SD drive in Lightroom some of my images give me Adobe Profiles (Adobe Color, Adobe Vivid, Etc) and some of the images just say color and doesn't give me an option to change. How can I get all of my images to come up with the different color profiles.. What am I doing wrong? It makes it impossible to edit and turns their faces red66898841538__CBBF9FBA-396E-4550-9254-76A2549D5D18.jpg

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will never see "Adobe Color" or other such DCP profiles for non-raw files. I suspect you're viewing a camera-generated JPEG.

You can set LR to import and select a default color profile for raws.

https://laurashoe.com/2020/02/11/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-9-2-raw-defaults/

Video: https://youtu.be/XGCnR9qEqA4

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only shoot in Raw. Some of the images in my gallery come up with the adobe profile and some only show the color. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tiffanymanus wrote:

I only shoot in Raw. Some of the images in my gallery come up with the adobe profile and some only show the color. 

You need to check your camera settings. This image definitely is not a raw image. You can see that by looking at the white balance sliders. A raw image has a temperature setting slider in degrees Kelvin, so for example 5500 K. This image shows a temperture correction slider (no correction, so set to zero), not a temperture setting slider. That is typical for RGB images (jpeg, tiff).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh i see that now. I know that it is set to RAW mode only but why would it pick and choose which images are RAW and JPEG? Should I shoot CRAW or RAW & JPEG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tiffanymanus wrote:

Oh i see that now. I know that it is set to RAW mode only but why would it pick and choose which images are RAW and JPEG? Should I shoot CRAW or RAW & JPEG?

CRAW is a smaller raw version, so you are comparing apples and oranges if you compare that with RAW + JPEG. What you need to shoot is up to you, I can't tell you what to do. Please note that some Canon cameras automatically switch to JPEG if you use the 'Green' full automatic exposure mode.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I shoot CRAW or RAW & JPEG?

By @tiffanymanus

I never shoot raw+JPEG because you can only optimize exposure for one or the other and the camera JPEG for me, is useless. I can make a JPEG from the raw after I optimized the rendering.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I only shoot in RAW so I don't know why some images give the
adobe color profile and the others show up with just the Color. HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tiffanymanus wrote:
Unfortunately I only shoot in RAW so I don't know why some images give the
adobe color profile and the others show up with just the Color. HELP

As said before, your screenshot clearly shows that this photo is not a raw file.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another possibility: an image has been sent out to Photoshop (or other external editor or utility) and the non-Raw result is showing up in the Catalog as a separate thumbnail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines