Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color shift after editing in Photoshop

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I'm seeing a shift in colors when I take an image from Lr into Ps. I made sure Ps is working in prophoto.

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 5.51.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 5.50.54 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't help you via those Histograms. The Histogram in Lightroom Classic differs from Photoshop even when you use ProPhoto RGB because in Lightroom Classic, the Gamma/TRC differs. 

Do you visually see a mismatch in Develop module at 1:1 vs Photoshop at 100%? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both of the histograms are from Lr. The photo was opened in Lr and then brought into Ps via Edit In option, and then saved  and brought back into Lr. So the histogram should be the same in both files. Sorry for any confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made sure Ps is working in prophoto.

By @guyandrew

There is no need for that, it's just a very common misunderstanding. Any profile will be correctly handled in Photoshop.

If there is a difference between them, the usual cause is a defective monitor profile. As a diagnostic test, try to replace your current profile with sRGB IEC61966-2.1. Relaunch both applications when done, the profile is loaded at application startup:

Displayprofile_20_3.png

If that clears it, you should use a calibrator to make a new monitor profile.

And if that doesn't fix it, there are some more obscure problems. If you are using custom/third party camera profiles, there is a bug that prevents the profile from being correctly transferred from Lightroom to ACR/Photoshop. The native/standard profiles are not affected by this.

Finally, if you're using very old Lr/Photoshop versions, it can be a version mismatch, again causing problems with camera profile handling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The error exists regardess of which color profile I set for the monitor. As per your suggestion, I've tried the srgb and default profiles to confirm. My current calibration is usiong iDisplay software. All software is up to the latest verions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines