Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors Chanigng on Saving/Export

Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I'm having touble with my colors changing on "export as" and "save as" for my JPEGs...

I've changed the color space to sRGB, and the mode to 8bit/channel.

But still when I open a file for a moment the color is super warm, and then comes back to how I had edited it. And when I upload to online web, it goes back to being super warm.

CoolVersion.JPGWarmSavingVersion.JPG

I've tried embedding the color profile, and still the same issue

Haven't had this issue for a long time after learning how to properly save images, and I'm not sure what has changed, and not sure if this is a Photoshop issue or Lightroom - as it is happening from both platforms.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

If your clients use a color managed browser, if your documents have an embedded profile, if they have a good profile describing their displays, the images will look fine but not necessarily exactly match what you see (displays differ as do their calibrations and thus profile). 

This video may help:

sRGB urban legend & myths Part 2

In this 17 minute video, I'll discuss some more sRGB misinformation and cover:

When to use sRGB and what to expect on the web and mobile devices

How sRGB doesn't insur

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likely the 'other' application perhaps even the browser isn't color managed. Or it would match what you see in Develop at 1:1 zoom which is where and how you need to view this data accurately.

Doesn't matter if the data is in sRGB or not, that is a meaningless concept for non color managed applications. So, after export, you view the mismatching image where? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am viewing the mismatching color on my file explorer, default image viewer for windows.

And I also view the mismatched color image when I move the file into my Dropbox, or save directly to Dropbox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's likely the issue; try Safari which is color managed as well as:

https://www.benq.com/en-us/knowledge-center/knowledge/web-browsers-color-management.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, that helps for viewing online on my computer! Thank you.

But what will my client see, and this isn't a fix for when I try to upload to social media from my phone... it is still showing the mismatched colors when I attempt to upload there.

Previously when I changed the profile and changed the bit size, what I saw on my screen is exactly how it would be on my phone as well... now it is changing. This is where the real issue lies. Becuase if I am seeing one thing and I send out images to a client that are completely different it really defeats having done all the edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your clients use a color managed browser, if your documents have an embedded profile, if they have a good profile describing their displays, the images will look fine but not necessarily exactly match what you see (displays differ as do their calibrations and thus profile). 

This video may help:

sRGB urban legend & myths Part 2

In this 17 minute video, I'll discuss some more sRGB misinformation and cover:

When to use sRGB and what to expect on the web and mobile devices

How sRGB doesn't insure a visual match without color management, how to check

The downsides of an all sRGB workflow sRGB's color gamut vs. "professional" output devices

The future of sRGB and wide gamut display technology

Photo print labs that demand sRGB for output

High resolution: http://digitaldog.net/files/sRGBMythsPart2.mp4

Low resolution on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyvVUL1gWVs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines