Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors Incorrect printing from LR print module

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am an experienced LR user, I have been using the LR print module for all my printing needs for as long as I can remember with a Canon Pro 1. I calibrate my own ICC profiles with a xrite studio (the new colormunki) I have an issue when printing where reds do not print properly, the print looks like the red hasn't been put down at all.

Trial and error, head cleaning, recalibration didn't get me anywhere. But I have isolated the issue to LR, if I print outside LR or use the Canon print plugin, colors are perfect, it is only printing within the LR print module I have this issue. I have double checked all settings, nothing has changed. The only variable is the latest update Adobe put out for LR Classic

I have searched to see if this is a known bug, but can't find any information.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, nothing has changed in the printing module in the upgrade. People do seem to have problems with some Canon printers however, so I'd advise to use the plugin. Canon probably didn't write that plugin for no reason.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The canon plugin is a workaround, not a solution. I’m not asking if adobe officially changed anything in the print module, I was wondering if a bug may have been introduced

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Canon Pixma Pro 100. I don't create my own ICC profiles. I use profiles from Canon and from Red River. I'm using Lightroom Classic CC 7.2 on Windows 10, and haven't noticed any problems printing from Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TaberPhotography  wrote

The canon plugin is a workaround, not a solution. I’m not asking if adobe officially changed anything in the print module, I was wondering if a bug may have been introduced

That's my point. Because nothing was changed in the print module, it's unlikely that a bug was introduced. All I can say is that I have seen other reports of problems nevertheless, and I don't think there was consensus about what caused it and how to solve it. Apart from using the plugin, that is.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok,

thanks for the input. I’ve created 1000’s of high quality prints via LR with my Canon, so although there is known problems, I have never experienced them until the last few weeks. Canon’s plugin is vastly inferior to LR in terms of layout etc... so an issue I would rather try and fix than ‘workaround‘ forever more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that something has gone wrong with your monitor profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Definitely not a monitor profile. Prints made from OS or Canon plugin match the screen, prints from LR are miles off with no reds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem using the ICC profile for Canon paper. Strangely this problem does not occur when I print directly from Photoshop.

Lightroom seems to be the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

I thought this thread was long gone. Sorry to hear you are having the same problem. Between March when I initially found this issue, and last week I have been working around by either exporting the image or using the Canon plugin within Lightroom.

.....However. In the last week I have had to clean install my mac due to an unrelated error, and I can confirm the issue has gone. Not sure if it was Lightroom, the print driver or something completely random, but a complete clean install (not a restore from time machine, a fresh start) has solved it

All the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into the same issue, for the second time in about a year or so.  I reinstalled the print drivers from Epson, but that didn't fix the problem.  Believe it or not, I had to delete the printer from within System Preferences and then re-add it.  I also had to go in and reselect the specific Epson icc profiles located at the top Library level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is the first mention of Epson having the same issue. Looks like it could be a wider problem than first thought. It seems LR is translating the profiles incorrecry in these cases and only quite a major reinstall solves it. I think the fact Epson and Canon are now mentioned proves the bug is within lightroom itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have, here in 2022, the same issue printing with HP z9. The problem occurs only using the postscript driver, printing from lightroom. Printing from Photoshop give me correct colors.

So I have too choose print with PCL raster on lightrroom or use the postscript (or pcl) with photoshop.

For me is a bug on lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines