• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors look different in Loupe/Grid View and Develop View

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest Lightroom Classic CC version, I am seeing that the color of my  pictures look very different in the Grid/Loupe Views compared to the Develop View. I get the right color in the Develop View, but when I see it in the grid or loupe views, there is a very different color cast in the images.

Here is a screenshot of the image from the loupe view: https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-WGt6Ns/i-XC9sC3K/A

Here is the screenshot of the same image from the develop view: https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-WGt6Ns/i-2Jp9JxS/A

This was not the case before. Is there a way to get lightroom to show the grid/loupe in the right colors?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

This is most likely caused by a defective monitor profile.

Try setting the monitor profile to sRGB (use Adobe RGB if you have a wide gamut monitor)

Make sure to restart Lightroom after changing the profile.

If this fixes the issue, you should ideally calibrate your monitor with a hardware calibrator.

See https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

For reference, I have pasted the images into this reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is most likely caused by a defective monitor profile.

Try setting the monitor profile to sRGB (use Adobe RGB if you have a wide gamut monitor)

Make sure to restart Lightroom after changing the profile.

If this fixes the issue, you should ideally calibrate your monitor with a hardware calibrator.

See https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

For reference, I have pasted the images into this reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  That was the problem. Setting the profile to sRGB, did fix the problem. Will recalibrate my monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Check GPU settings (on or off) and try a different setting. This is found in preferences.

2. It could be a faulty ICC display profile. Recalibrate and build a new one.

3. It could be how the profile was built. Set your software to build Version 2 (V2) not V4 profiles.

4. It could be the type of profile built. Try Matrix instead of LUT based profile. Again, that's a setting in whatever software you use to calibrate and profile the display.

Slight differences in the two modules is to be expected but what you're showing is way off.

Also be sure to view at 1:1 when comparing.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It was a faulty ICC display profile. Will recalibrate my monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Check GPU settings (on or off) and try a different setting. This is found in preferences.

2. It could be a faulty ICC display profile. Recalibrate and build a new one.

3. It could be how the profile was built. Set your software to build Version 2 (V2) not V4 profiles.

4. It could be the type of profile built. Try Matrix instead of LUT based profile. Again, that's a setting in whatever software you use to calibrate and profile the display.

Slight differences in the two modules is to be expected but what you're showing is way off.

Also be sure to view at 1:1 when comparing.

By @TheDigitalDog

thedigitaldog, You nailed it. Everyone points out import and defaults and it was the cause and it was the hardware acceleration for me. Thank You!

Here's an example of the changes to color it was somehow applying that changed the color by default of my photos without any adjustments.

Lightroom_Develop_Before_and_After_Colors-Wrong_Before_Editing_Default.jpg

Lightroom Develop Before and After Colors Wrong Before Editing Default

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines