• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour variance

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now got a colour variance between the Develop Mode and the Library Mode which is showing less contrast and a warmer tone (the histogram also changes slightly). I have never had this before and it may have been triggered by updating either Adobe or going to W11. I have checked everything and recalibrated my Monitor to no affect. Adobe spent 3 hours taking over my computer but did not find anything to cure the problem. The colour stays the same as the library mode if I turn off the GPU. Something somewhere is not right. Your hlep will be appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to update the graphics drivers for GPU.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/update-graphics-driver.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ,

Yes I have got exactly the same issue . Very warm tones in the Library Module , more normal tones in the Develop module , and when I turn off GPU accelleration , the Develop Module looks more like the Library module . I have just upgraded to Windows 11 .I am using a Calibrated BENQ monitor .Display manufacturer Eizo, has the following advice:

"Due to a bug in the OS, it is not possible to get the ICC profile information even though the ICC profile has been correctly applied to the OS.
There is currently no solution within the software settings.
We highly recommend not using a PC installed with Microsoft Windows 11 for the time being."

I am reasonably sure it is a software issue with Windows 11 ,and may require a patch ? Also the following may help 

; In Windows 11, as of October 2021, there seems to be a problem where the colour profile of the monitor cannot be obtained from software using the conventional API.
(For correct colour management operation, there must be two profiles: the document profile and the correct monitor profile, but since the monitor profile cannot be retrieved correctly, applications that colour manage will shift colours.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that. I have now manually adjusted the color balance using W11 colour calibration tool. The gamma was a bit out but it makes a considerable difference. We will have to wait and see what microsoft does now. Can we raise an issue with them? When it is fixed hopefully we can go back to a proper calibration or buy  a Mac mini pro when it comes out. Tempting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines