Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combiningg 3 Canon 5Div Raw files into an HDR yields weird spots

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks,

I do a lot of bracketed shots for real estate externals, and while I normally use my Canon EOS R with zero issues, today I shot using a 5Div and I'm now having an interesting issue when combining the RAW files into HDR files.

You can see the settings I used in the first screenshot attached, and I've zoomed in on the problem in the second screenshot. It's clearly pulling part of the image from the underexposed image in the bracket and dramatically elevating it, resulting in that awful color and severe grain, there are other spots like this. Any ideas what might be causing it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rethink the deghost amount. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That seems to have solved the problem! At least in this particular case. Sometimes (like with trees in the background or flags on the house) I'm unable to do drop the deghosting amount. Plus, the problem never seemed to pop up while working with RAW files from a different camera, despite them being so similar in size and quality.

I'm still at a loss as to why this is happening with the 5Div and not the R. I would think the same problem would be seen with both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines