Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

comparing large files of photos.

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting from an orginal large folder  structure with subfolders, which had at least 30,000 photos.  I have been creating and organising a new folder structure in light room which is very similar but not identical to the original. I have also added many photos bringing the total up to about 50,000. At the moment there some duplicates in both folders that I am about to eliminate as far as possible.  However I wan't to be certain that in the process of all of this work that I have not accidentally removed importan photos.  Thus I am wanting to look at the original 30,000 files to make certain that all of its photos are represented in the 50,000 set. I want to do that non destructively. I am hesitating to remove the duplicates before doing this as this is likely to further destroy the similarities between the two folder system. Thus all I want to know is what photos are in folder 1 that are not in folder 2. How should I do this automatically?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If, as you say "organising a new folder structure in light room... "- then there should NOT BE ANY DUPLICATE FOLDERS OR FILES!

Everything you did IN LIGHTROOM was a 'Move' of files and folders on the hard-drive. There should not be a Folder 1 and a Folder 2!

So please explain in great detail you exact workflow.

If you 'copied' files and folders with the OS File browser to a different structure, then I am afraid you have created a nightmare for yourself, and you would need to relink everything. Some advice in this site link-  MOVING PHOTOS- 2 Methods 

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.4, Photoshop 22.5, Lightroom 4.4, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines