• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comparing two edits of the same image

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this specific issue. I'm trying to compare different ISO speeds of my Canon 7D by using the reference view. Here's how I've attempted to do this:

Shot a series of photos with the lens cap on; I've used the same shutter speed and aperture for each. 
I've renamed all the files within Lr to their respective ISO values.
I've batch edited each photo in the range of images I wish to compare by selecting shift> clicking each end of the range of slides so that all are selected.
Moved exposure, highlights, shadows and black level sliders to maximum. Hit 'Sync'

I've then loaded an mage into the main window and then hit reference view and moved the comparrison image into the reference window.

However, it would appear as though the reference view does not include my edits. I've tested this by trying to load the same image into both the main and reference window; the main image does include the edits; the reference view does not. How do I solve this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Yes, the edits will be applied in compare view.

Any edits you do to an image in Develop will be automatically applied to the Library previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're comparing noise (as well as sharpness, chromatic aberration, moiré), you have to view both images at 100%, where one image pixel is displayed by one screen pixel. Any other view will be inaccurate and misleading because the image has been scaled.

You'll probably find it easier to use Compare  view, where clicking on one image will enlarge both to 100%.

To use Compare, select two images in Library, then press C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only wish to examine differences in noise levels. But I wanted to do this for post edit images as I have had to maximise the exposure in order to see the details more clearly - these are black images, revealing only the noise. I've used the compare mode in the library module and wondered if you can confirm I would be looking at the images with the edits applied? Obviously this is important as any differences in edits would appear as differences in noise levels, due to the exposures apparent on the images themselves. Does this make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the edits will be applied in compare view.

Any edits you do to an image in Develop will be automatically applied to the Library previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you used Compare view previously, and could not see the edits, it's most likely because you were not viewing at 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines