Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Completely missing .tif files after exporting to PS and back into LR.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot real estate and take 5 or shots per scene. I export those layered RAW files into Photoshop, work my magic and reimport them back into lightroom classic as a flattened tif. Once that file is back into LR, I do some quick edits and set a star rating. After processing a whole house, roughly 30 images, only 7 still exist! I cannot find the other 23 images that I worked and with set a star rating. I checked the folder housing the raw files where the flattened tifs live and they are gone. I checked All Photographs in LRC and sorted by every possible option. I've been working this way for 5 years and I've never encountered this before. I've tried searching my entire system outside of LRC with the naming convention (first name of the photo in the series) and I'm only coming up with the raw file.

macOS Big Sur 11.6

LRC 11.0.1
PS 23.0.1 (the newest was giving me awful performance issues)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I figured it out. I created a new action that involved flattening all layers, saving the file and closing it. I did not notice it then recording the file name when I created that action. So every file I edited with said action was written to the same filename. I was not provided a warning nor was the new "copy" added to the filename. Frustrated, but my fault.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines