• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer died. Have internal and external backups. PC repaired,but cant reinstall. Data visible.Help

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.Computer died.backups saved.Computer repaired. Can't reinstall Lightroom 5. Data visible.

Can anybody help?

Baffled.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system and version NUMBER? Why can't you install Lightroom 5? What happens? What is the exact error message? Please write in actual sentences from now, that would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for keeping it short. System is Windows 10. The computer failed. The
IT guys transferred the original hard drive to the new PC. Both hard drive
contents are visible. I reinstalled Lightroom 4 easily but although the
data is visible, when I insert the Lightroom cd, nothing happens.
I can see photos,but, when I try to install to Lightroom, only the photos
that were on Lightroom 4 can be installed. Lightroom doesn't recognise any
photos that were installed on Lightroom 5.
That's really all I can tell you.
Advice appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the Lightroom 5 catalog, you should be able to see all the photos, except that you said you can't install Lightroom 5. It's not clear from your description if the problem is that you can't install LR 5, or when you do install LR 5 you don't see all the photos, or something else. What is the exact problem preventing you from seeing the photos in LR 5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't install Lightroom 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get any error messages? If yes, post the exact messages.

If you logged in as an Administrator or an user with admin rights during you try to install Lightroom.

Check the Windows event logs to get more infos about the problem 

How to use Event Viewer on Windows 10 | Windows Central

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system is not the new cloud based.No longer supported by Adobe,but it's the one that I use.

It's a wonderful thing,but ,now that it's not working,I must admit that I'm struggling with the technology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My system is not the new cloud based.No longer supported by Adobe,but it's the one that I use.

It's a wonderful thing,but ,now that it's not working,I must admit that I'm struggling with the technology.

By @defaultxpvspinh9fzc

Two people have asked you to provide the exact error message. You have not done so, and its hard to help you further when we don't get information we need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off it is clear we are talking the perpetual versions of Lightroom. Lightroom Desktop vs Lightroom Classic is not the issue.

Moving on

Previous versions of Lightroom cannot use catalogs made with newer upgrades. That is upgrade, not update.

So Lr v4 cannot open a Lr v5 catalog.

The other way around works, although a upgrade of the catalog will occur. That is Lr v5 can open a Lr v4 catalog, where upon it will copy and upgrade that catalog. Name of new catalog will be slightly different, I forget how back in thise days..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines