Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Confining Radial filter to specific luminance range

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before the recent local adjustment filters uograde I used to use the radial filter a lot to focus on a particular area by increasing the exposure etc.  I then confined the effect to the darker areas using the adjustment slider - moving it to the left and the smoothness one to the right.  This was simple and quick.  I have been trying to achieve the same effect with the new filters but when I apply the radial filter and then try to subtract the lights using the luminance slider or picker it has a most unpleasant effect on the image.  I have tried fiddling with the range slider but cant figure it out - it seems to work backwards to prviously and the overall effect is very harsh.  Is there any cahnce of a tutorial on the subject as i cant find one anywhere.  Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discover how easy it is to make local adjustments to your photographs using Lightroom Classic's new Masking panel and tools including: Select Subject, Select...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - thanks.  had a look but unfortunately, the videos seem out-of-date - the range adjustment  shown is a simple slider not the the double ended thing with a moveable box in it.  So still no nearer, although i have had a bit more success than before but its still a bit hit and miss.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intersect

And a longer more complete video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Fld8eEHsE

oh, and one  just on Intersect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8WywHJQANA

Welcome to the world-exclusive first LIGHTROOM MASKING TUTORIAL! A massive update to the Adobe Lightroom suite of apps (and Adobe Camera Raw) will be release...
Since posting my Lightroom masking overview video, I've received several requests to specifically explain the Intersect tool that was also introduced as part...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In this article-

https://jkost.com/blog/2021/10/lightroom-classic-v11-masking-premium-presets-metadata-updates-and-mo...

the illustration for the Luminance 'Range' does not show the adjustment in the 'best' way to explain the slider.

2021-11-26 09_49_56-Julieanne Kost's Blog _ Lightroom Classic v11 — Local Adjustment Tools, Masking,.jpg

This is my interpretation that explains the adjustment slider-

2021-11-03 13_46_50-2021-11-03 13_28_52-Roberts Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - De.jpg

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.0.1, Photoshop 23.0.2, Lightroom 5.0, Bridge 12.0, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines