• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confused about how to move these folders?

Participant ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am organizing a new LR library and there are four folders that are outside the LR folder I would prefer to keep everything in. When I am in the Library Modulle they appear within the folder:

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 8.26.46 AM.png

But when I am in the Import Module or Show in Finder they are outside the folder that holds the rest of the Library. I cannot relocate them in the Import module, no drag and drop available.

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 8.22.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-31 at 8.15.45 AM.png

I can move the files to a new location and re-import making sure they go intot he correct folder, but I assume I can do this within LR?

Thanks,

Henry

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not reimport! You can simply drag the 1969 and 1997 folders onto the KDC LR Catalog 2022 folder in the Lightroom folder panel. That will move them inside that parent folder.

The Finder screenshot and the Folder panel screenshot show that the 2006 and 2007 folders are actually duplicated inside the KDC LR Catalog 2022, so in this case you cannot drag and drop the folders. You need to select the first 2006 folder, then select all the images in the main window, and drag and drop these images onto the 2006 folder inside the KDC LR Catalog 2022 folder. Then do the same for the 2007 folder.

The 2006 and 2007 folders at the top of the folder panel will now be empty, so you can right-click on them and choose to remove them from the catalog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines