• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confused by newest upgrade

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated LR and now the application isn't pointing at the upgraded Catalog. I'm sure it is operator error on my end but I need a pointer. I've historically saved my images to an external drive. It seems to be working well but Lightroom isn't finding my latest import. At first, I got a message that LR could not find the external drive and the default was to save to My Pictures on the internal C drive. I thought I reset the drive to the external drive before importing but now LR doesn't see the images. I don't see anything in the Pictures folder on the internal drive either. Any guesses on what I did wrong?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. LrC upon upgrade can occasonally upgrade the wrong catalog. Use Windows File Explorer to see if a different catalog exists. Double click on that catalog to open/upgrade.

2. In Import, that error about not finding the drive would be about the destination, look at the destination, is it correct? 

3. A Windows PC using an external hard drive for the photos. Is that hard drive permanently assigned a drive letter? Is that drive allowed to go asleep? Do not allow the drive to go asleep, LrC sometimes has issues with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines