• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confusion on storage - LR Classic vs Cloud Based?

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to move from lightroom (cloud based) to LRC but its proving to be really frustrating. I had all my photos and albums setup, things seemed fine but when I later accessed LR from my phone I noticed it would not allow me to export full quality images (and an "error" saying only smart preview is available). 

I also noticed that when I told LRC to sync with lightroom, it completely nuked all my albums in lightroom cloud rather than just mirror it. I was livid and  really irritated by this.

I have plenty of local storage and I like the additional small features in LRC... but it seems like if I want my full quality RAW's backed up and accessible on adobe cloud, I need to ALSO upload them into LR Cloud based as well? 

I presently have google drive automatically backing up my LRC folder, but this doesnt help me with the mobile editing piece. 

Am I doing something wrong? Im pretty tech savvy but maybe Im just ignorant to something. Its annoying that I need to have both applications installed to achieve this. 

Im running the latest version of both applications with with a Windows 10 desktop PC and an iPhone 14 Pro Max.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?