• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Considering a Synology NAS, photo deletion question with Lightroom

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know working in folders that can delete from both Lightroom and the computer from the library module. It is very easy to sort and mass delete all 1 star trash photos that held during other star processing in case needed to scavage something in PS layer. The question is, if they were backed up to the NAS, can I mass delete all 3 locations from the Library module or will I have to go in and find them, presumably untagged, on the NAS for a second delition. Anybody have experience with this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

If your Catalog references files that are stored on an internal hard-drive, and you [Delete from Disk] (any photo you consider as "trash" ), then only the files on the internal drive are deleted and erased.  The 'Backup' copies on the NAS are not touched.

'Backup' copies would require 'manual' deletion using a File browser.  (or Software that can 'Sync' the contents of Hard-drive folders to the NAS).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your Catalog references files that are stored on an internal hard-drive, and you [Delete from Disk] (any photo you consider as "trash" ), then only the files on the internal drive are deleted and erased.  The 'Backup' copies on the NAS are not touched.

'Backup' copies would require 'manual' deletion using a File browser.  (or Software that can 'Sync' the contents of Hard-drive folders to the NAS).

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines