Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant, rapid memory leak then crash after creating slideshow

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 11.1, MacOS Monterey 12.0.1, M1 Max MacBook Pro

The following is repeatable for me and leads to a constant and rapid memory leak that will consume all avaiable system memory:

1. Add around 250 photos and some videos to Quick Collection. Select Quick Collection

2. Select slideshow. Run the slideshow

3. Lighroom will now leak memory at a rate of several GB per minute until all system memory is exhausted. Attempting to quit the application will hang with a spinning beachball. Memory continues to leak while the application is unresponsive until it's forced to quit.

4. Now whenever I start Lightroom the same behaviour occurs - it begins leaking memory immediately, regardless of whether I attempt to run the slideshow or not

5. The only way to fix this is to start Lightroom, quickly clear the Quick Collection, then force quit. Lightroom is now back to normal.

In anticipation of the initial response I have reset Lightroom settings using the Opt/Shift on startup, and the above still occurs.

Picture 1.png

 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Pro M1 Pro with 32GB of ram and an Mac mini M1 with 16GB of ram and can't reproduce the memory leak issue you describe. However, I am using macOS Monterey 12.1, which addresses two of the known memory leaks that affect applications runing on Monterey 12.0.1. Is there a reason you haven't upgraded to 12.0.1?

More details on the 12.0.1 memory leaks and the various outworkings of same.

https://eclecticlight.co/2021/11/15/montereys-memory-leak-and-how-to-avoid-it/

https://eclecticlight.co/2021/11/22/more-memory-leaks-in-monterey-12-0-1-how-to-avoid-them/

https://eclecticlight.co/2021/12/13/apple-has-released-monterey-12-1-update-and-security-updates-for...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply and for taking the time to try to reproduce the issue. No specific reason why I've not updated to 12.1other than I prefer not to have the OS update automatically as I have found in the past that this tends to cause more issues than it resolves. I will update to 12.1 and see if it makes any difference, but I did research various posts like the above before posting here and I'm sure neither of those situations (change to default mouse pointer and Control Centre leak) is the issue in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines