• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant sign-in request for login on LR Classic on desktop (Win10) but not laptop (also Win10)

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an extremely frustrating issue with Lightroom Classic (latest version) on my desktop PC (Windows 10), where it constantly asks for me to sign in every time I restart the computer. I do not have this issue on my laptop, but that's not much help when my laptop cannot be colour calibrated (not an issue usually - I use the laptop to do a first sift, then process the best ones on the desktop).

However, I am now completely unable to get into LR on the desktop as it won't get past this stage - it just crashes on login - and this is now costing me days of work time!

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, deleting preferences, setting SL Store and Adobe PCD to full access and removing read-only system tag (as referenced in a link below) - and now Adobe claims it has no connection to the internet.(Everything else on my desktop has a good working ethernet connection... it isn't a lack of internet connection...)

If I try and access via Creative Cloud app, it can login fine until I try and access lightroom classic, when LR's issues also log me out of the CC at the same time.

Please help, this is utterly unworkable as professional software right now.

And can someone please tell me how to access Adobe's support - there's supposed to be chat and phone number - but all Adobes support page (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/what-contact-options.html) gives access to is these forums...?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To contact Adobe, and a trick to see a phone number

bring up https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Down on the lower right, The icon, chat symbol inside circle, the Contact us button. This will start a Chat

Click on it, notice at the top of the Chat window an option :

For additional support, view other contact options.

Click on that, the phone number will be shown

By the way, on the misbehaving computer, when you sign in, is the e-mail/id the same as when you sign in on the computer that behaves? Do you perhaps have more than one Adobe account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Golding

I've not got that icon or contact button? Very weird... Using Firefox - please don't tell me Adobe doesn't support that as a browser...?

Email and id are identical - I only have one account. But when I do manage to get into it on the desktop, I always have to sign out of an "additional" machine that is the previous signin on that computer... Which is also weird...?

(Just happened with PS - but that allowed me to login, whereas LR still wasn't!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact us button not shown, odd, perhaps a security setting in your browser, preventing something.

Try a different browser

BUT

As for that last screenshot, the heck with the chat, last screenshot states the problem, You are allowed to install the Adobe software on as many computers as you like. Technically/legally you can run it on one at a time (that us not the issue at hand). BUT, the software is limited to two active computers.

So, bring up Adobe.com, sign in (you may already be signed in) look upper right, your account icon, manage your account, view your plan, scroll to bottom, notice a section listing activations, You may have an older computer no longer in use listed, deactivate the rogue one. (if you actually want to run on more than two computers, nope)

Note that when you bring up the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, and sign in, it authenticates your account, and if Ok, activates the programs on that computer. Signing out deactivates. And yes, ACCDA is for more than that.

Odd that you did not see an error message when signing in (it might be a notice to open as opposed to a pop up screen, I forget)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No... actually it doesn't show the problem!! Well, it does... just not the one you think it is!!

I have a laptop and a desktop.

The licensing software sees my laptop as just being the same one computer every time and has no issue with it logging into LR (or PS or CC, but mostly LR as that's mostly what I use).

However, it nearly always sees my desktop computer as being a "different" computer to the one I last logged into. It isn't a different computer - it's one and the same!

So yes, that is showing part of the problem - but it definitely isn't an issue of trying to run it on 3 different physical machines!! 😉 (Which obviously would cause an issue!) But as to the cause of that... no idea!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for suggesting removing active sessions in my account on Adobe.com - it does look as if a lot of old browser sessions (mostly browser sessions, NOT LR etc sessions - presumably from asking for help) were still registered there.

Shutting all of those down has got me back to "you're logged in in too many places - please logout of..." (so I shut down the older copy of the desktop in the nag screen) and then it gives me a "cant verify your status (can't connect to Adobe's servers)" nag.

Meanwhile my laptop - on the same internet connection - has no issues connecting...

Very very puzzled - Adobe clearly hates my desktop, but really don't know why...

Thanks for your persistence GoldingD - much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and contact us button still not shown in Edge browser... So not specific to Firefox... Worth a try, much as it'd be a pain if they didn't support FF, but doesn't look like the answer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems it's something to do with a dynamic IP address... ie my router - for some reason best known to itself - possibly decides to give my desktop computer (but not my laptop?? I really don't understand this, but bear with me...!!) a new IP address every time I start it up...

So having been told elsewhere that might be a possibility of what was causing the hassle, a bit of a search, lead to this:

https://www.howtogeek.com/177648/how-to-force-your-pc-to-keep-its-private-ip-address/

Which seems to have possibly done the trick (I did ignore the DNS server settings - I didn't know them and finding the password for my router will take forever... But... it didn't seem to need that - even when clicking the "validate settings" option...

LR - now appears to start up again... without thinking that my desktop is a completely new computer every time...

Have to say - I don't understand a lot of this - not to mention why it started doing this in the first place - and why Adobe suddenly got so grumpy about it the last 2 days. But... if it works... run with it! Hopefully that's sorted... If not - I'm looking for an alternative to LR that isn't quite so draconian that it locks out legitimate paying customers from using itself...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you found the activations..I just went back in to adobe.com, to see if a clue exists on how computers are named in that list, and boy, things at adobe.com have changed since last time I was at that site.

I do not know how the ip address would effect the name or other identification of the computer. 

hmm, Windows 10, so in Windows 10 System, how is your computer identified? Named?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes both the laptop and the desktop have names. Not sure why that would make a difference?

As far as I can tell, Adobe is using the IP address to identify each computer. (Perhaps as one of many things, perhaps just the IP address? I really don't know on that!) And if that changes every time you start the computer, that causes Adobe to see it as a different machine when it isn't.

Why and how the IP address started changing on login for my desktop (it's presumbly been doing this for a long while) I have no idea... But that does seem to be the cause of my issue.

But thanks for your help GD 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PM Rikk Flohr: Photography 

Ask him to join in to your posting

include link when you create that Private Message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines