• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content-aware remove not working in LrC

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the wake of the most recent LrC update, the healing tools in the Develop mode stopped working. It is simply not working at all. (I test the same tool in Camera Raw, and it worked fine.) I tried an LrC uninstall and reinstall, but that made no difference. How do I fix this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

You misunderstand how the tool works. This tool does not work the same way as the object selection tool in masking! It works like the old healing and clone versions. You should not drag the cursor around the object that you want to remove. You should paint over the object. What you paint is what gets removed, so right now only your thin line around the object gets removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the tool settings. If the opacity is set to (almost) zero, then the tool will be ineffective.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the opacity set to 100%, so that is not the issue. To help better understand what is happening on my end I have attached two screenshots. One shows an example of a JPG photo in which I was trying to remove the paper cup. All I get when I drag my cursor around the object to be removed is an odd, unfamiliar double-line line around the object; the other shows the aftermath, with no visibile result, and the also odd control-drag-context message. Huh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You misunderstand how the tool works. This tool does not work the same way as the object selection tool in masking! It works like the old healing and clone versions. You should not drag the cursor around the object that you want to remove. You should paint over the object. What you paint is what gets removed, so right now only your thin line around the object gets removed.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW: it works the same as in Camera Raw, so I suppose the other test was with Photoshop, where yo can do a selection and try different healing methods, like content aware fill. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Abambo thank you for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan, you are so right! This is so embarrassing, I was missing the forest for the trees. I was so fixated  on the tool not responding as expected that I failed to notice that the size of the cursor was way too small. My bad! It is all now working fine.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Johan, you are so right! This is so embarrassing, I was missing the forest for the trees. I was so fixated  on the tool not responding as expected that I failed to notice that the size of the cursor was way too small. My bad! It is all now working fine.  

By @Brian.Lawlor

Happens to us all, from time to time. Have a nice day.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines