Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Continuing access to past edits

New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used a Lightroom Classic subscription for many years, and have tens of thousands of edited Raw files in its catalogue on my Mac. The Raw files are all kept locally, and I do not have anything kept in the Cloud. My license has recently lapsed and I have moved to different software.

According to Adobe's own information, "You continue to have access to all your photos on your local hard drive through Lightroom for the desktop. You can continue to import and organize photos and output your edited photos through Export, Publish, Print, Web, or Slideshow. Access to the Develop & Map modules and Lightroom for mobile is not available after your membership ends." (https://helpx.adobe.com/au/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html) This was indeed the case. I have been able to access my old edited images, without being able to make new edits. This was the deal.

However, yesterday, when I opened LrC to view an old edited image, a new popup appeared offering me three options only: (1) Buy a new subscription; (2) start a 7 day free trial; (3) Quit LrC. This is contrary to the above stated policy.

Has there been a change in policy, or is this some unintended glitch? It seems unreasonable to deny access to past edits. Although my Raw files are safe, it seems all the edits I made while fully licensed are now denied to me.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe product developers rarely participate in this forum and won't see your post. I suggest you post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not to follow the links.  Adobe developers (not robot contract customer support) often engage in the feedback forum.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe is correct: Lightroom Classic will continue to run without a subscription expect Develop and Maps module will stop functioning. Your DAM still exists and Quick Edit in Library works, you can use the Print module and print etc. Develop and Maps; gone and they return once you subscribe again. 

Just ignore whatever dialog offer that pops, go ahead and pick Trial if indeed you don't wish to renew your subscrptions. 

This is a user to user support forum. To provide feedback and suggestions about what you desire from Adobe, you should go here and comment after selecting the appropriate product:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/categories/products/5f5f2090785c1f1e6cc40864

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines