Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Convert Collection To Collection Set

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on some 8700 images from a major project and I erroneously created a Collection and dumped my images into the Collection. Intended to create a Collection Set, as I've customarily done, so that I can break down these images into relevant collections within the collection set. Is there any way to convert this collection to a collection set?

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you are asking, as you cannot put images into a Collection Set. Images can only be a part of a Collection or a Smart Collection.

Even if you could put images into a Collection Set, what do you hope this will accomplish? If we knew what problem you are trying to solve, maybe we could suggest an alternative that would work.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A collection set can only contain collections, so no, you cannot convert a collection to a collection set. If you intended to spread the images over multiple collections within a collection set, then simply delete this collection and start over again. Deleting a collection does not delete images, so there is no harm.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines