• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting PSD files to tifs to enable importing into LR; files not showing in original folder

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been updating my LR catalog, and noticed that LR wouldn't import my old PSD files, so I converted them to tifs in PS, saved them in the original image folder, but the tifs aren't showing up in the original folder. I try again, and get the 'file exists in folder, do you want to replace", and still no tifs are showing up in the folder.

Running LR Classic (12.1) on a new Studio M1 Mac. PS v. 24.1.0.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR wouldn't import my old PSD files,

'Do you get an error message?

What makes you think they did not get included?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding your PSD files - you need to have 'Maximise Compatibility' enabled in Photoshop preferences/settings.

psd-compatibility.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I understand that. The issue is the converted and saved PSD to Tiff files are not showing up in the original image folder. When I try it again, I get a message that the file (tif) exists in that folder, do I want to replace. Just not showing up in finder…

Hank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there filters active? The \ toggles the Filter Bar

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filters in LR are Off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the folder is in Lightroom, what can you see? Again if it is and you can right click on a file and do 'Show in Finder, does it match. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOW everything is working as it should!  I have no explanation for this - all I have done since having the fail this morning is to make another clone of my Images Disk so I'd have an additional copy; I was then going to erase and repopulate the original Images Disk, but before I did that I tried the sequence again, and voila, it is working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least it's back working again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes! Again, no expanation for this. Thanks for the tip on right clicking the folders and checking Open in Finder. That will help in future.

Hank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines