copy a book from one to another computer

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 11.2  Win 10-64 21H2

I have "lost" a collection and the book which is attached to on computer 1.

I have on another computer (2) the same catalog, little bit older, but the collection is µOK, and the book is avalaible.

How can I get it back to the computer 1 ?

I can't make a simple copy, because I had worked a lot on computer 1.

Thanks for Idea.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try selecting the images in the book on computer 2, Export as Catalog. On computer 1, Import as Catalog. You may or may not want to include 'negs' depending on if the images exist on Computer 1. Even if they do and you include, you should be able to deal with the duplicate images. I believe this export/import will provide the book back.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but

Doesn't work.

The pictures are imported when needed, but the collection and the book not !

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The actual collection OR the saved Book in the Book module?  You could also 'force' the issue with a smart collection. When I make books, slideshows etc, I insert a custom name in one of the metadata fields like Title or Caption etc. Now you can easily create a smart collection using that metadata field. Far safer than a 'dumb' collection because this can be found outside of Lightroom Classic too.

SmartCollection.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct answer from @thedigitaldog 

And here is some more useful info in this link- (Read "backup catalog" as Computer 2 catalog)

RESTORE PARTIAL from backup catalog?

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.3, Photoshop 23.3, ACR 14.3, Lightroom 5.3, Lr-iOS 7.0.2, Bridge 12.0.1, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines