• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy as DNG, Copy and Move greyed out in Library Module

New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm new to Lightroom and any kind of photo editing so please excuse me if there is a simple answer to this one but when I try to import NEF files into Lightroom I only have the option to "Add" them. I want to "Copy as DNG" but this, as well as "Copy" and "Move" are greyed out and not selectable. (See screenshot). This has changed as when I first started the course I'm on I was able to "Copy as DNG".

I'm running Lightroom Classic 11.5 on a 2014 iMac Catalina 10.15.7.

Any assistance gratefully received. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

'Add' is highlighted becasue the photos you're trying to import are already on the computer disk drive. The other buttons are Grey but should still be fully functional. Try clicking on any of them to check that this is the case. 

Note that the Import Options buttons are black when not available. I've attached a screenshot demonstrating.

import options.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Add' is highlighted becasue the photos you're trying to import are already on the computer disk drive. The other buttons are Grey but should still be fully functional. Try clicking on any of them to check that this is the case. 

Note that the Import Options buttons are black when not available. I've attached a screenshot demonstrating.

import options.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much, all now imported!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines