• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy name missing

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I synchronise a folder, I find the copy name gets deleted. I guess there's a simple solution but it's escaped me so far. I am using the latest version of Lightroom Classic on my desktop with Windows 10.
Thank you
Paul in Australia 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul, Can you describe more about "copy name"?  Are you referring to Virtual Copies that might be "Copy 1", "Copy 2", etc?

Are you simply importing new files in a folder by [synchronize folder], or trying to correct 'Missing' photos?

This blog from the Lightroom Queen may be helpful-

Dangers of Synchronize Folder

Rob in Australia 🙂

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob

I use a copy name mainly because my entire collection was professionally scanned and I got three copies of each frame; small, large and tiff. I also have a colour code for each type. 

But when I make any changes and the files are imported again I lose the "copy name" but all other information remains intact. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TBMK 'Copy Name' is metadata stored only in the Catalog. It will only be used if you Export derivative files with a Rename function that includes the 'Copy Name'.

Am not sure what you mean by "imported again"!  Re-importing files (that have been deleted from the Catalog, or are 'missing') is never recommended.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines