• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Presets for copy/paste/sync settings

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature Request for Lightroom - 'Sync Settings Presets' - so that we can save custom preset combinations of settings to sync instead of just 'select all' and 'select none'.Especially useful when you want to paste certain combinations of settings. For example, paste all settings except for brush, gradient, radial, upright transformations and crop adjustments etc.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
65 Comments
Participant ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequently edit one photo and then use "Sync" from the develop module to apply the develop settings across the series of photos shot in the same conditions. Mostly I only sync the settings that don't depend on the framing of the photo, so no crop, spot, adjustment brushes, or transforms. However, sometime I just want to sync white-balance, or just crop. I have about four commonly used combinations.

I would find it very convenient to have selectable pre-sets on the sync panel. This would also work for the "copy develop settings" operation. This would save having to either "check all" or "check none" and then rebuild my settings.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feature request. We are tracking this request already.

Regards,
Ganesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about also finally updating the Sync window so that most users can make sense of it, instead of having to search for a setting which doesn't align with the tab-names in develop?
Here's a mock-up i made more than a decade ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you're tracking this request, don't forget ACR folks want parity with features like this.  And for us, you won't even need to update the Sync Settings dialog as Earth so rightly requests in LR.<G>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@eartho Thanks for the suggestion. We will consider your request. 

Regards,
Ganesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Family 🙂

Can you consider to improve copy / paste / synchronize settings, so user can create customizable presets? I'd like to have an option, and I believe I'm not the only one, to quickly choose preset with memorized checkbox set, instead clicking one by one each time, when i want to select different settings to copy.

Example:
When I want to copy white balance for some pictures, I can use alt+click on checkbox shortcut, so only white balance option is selected, and it's greate option to have, but then if I want to copy half of other settings to different set of pictures, I have to click one by one on each checkbox (to mark or unmark it), so idea is, to use the preset with memorized checkbox set instead of that.

Regards,
Lukasz Echenski

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ganesh, any update on your consideration of this request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The copy settings dialogue should be re-organized.

Settings such as "Local Adjustments" "Spot Removal" and "Crop" should be moved into a category of their own on the right with an overall header checkbox, since these adjustments are both fundamentally different from the others and also the most dangerous to accidentally copy over to many other photos.

Every other category is basically dealing with color tones and overall lighting, whereas the three listed above are photo specific. Spot Removal specifically can be difficult to detect when accidentally done across a set of images and can be a complete mess to clean up when copied over to 1000+ images at a time. Local Adjustments are very similar in that they are typically specific to a certain shot, same for Cropping. 

My argument is basically that you are much less likely to want to change thousands of images by cropping, spot removing, or locally adjusting items. Therefore there should be two overall header boxes "Lighting & Color" and a second category something along the lines of "Local Adjustments." 

Ticking the Lighting & Color box would select everything except for the three listed above, and ticking the other would select all three categories.

This could also be remedied by allowing preset choices or something similar for copy setting selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jerry considering i made the initial request in 2008 and pushed hard for years, it's doubtful... can't believe there's never been a UI/UX update for this dialogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's rather sad if that's the case, Earth :-(. I would have thought this would be a simple FR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe these requests have been here for years.
I've been looking for this for so long before submitting (now) such a feature request. I second every idea in this topic. Please reorganize that panel and let us have presets for sync and copy/paste settings. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the ability to Sync your changes between photos is a great feature and i personally use it a lot.

I found though that i usually tend to sync specific group of options. For example, i use a different group when syncing edits, a different group when syncing crop, and so on. 

It would be nice to have the ability to create custom presets for these options so that i won't have to select each and every one of them for each individual photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does any one from Adobe read this thread? I'm sure it would be strongly appreciated for many users... Please! Please! Pleeeeeeease Adobe! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Thanks for the feature request. We are tracking this request already.

Two years later, we're still waiting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

let's hope I can get my point across. Maybe there's even a solution for my issue and I just don't know.

I'd like to have pre-sets within the "Copy Settings" module. And that's the reason: I use mostly the same settings for alle the color images in a shoot and another set of settings I use for the bnw images. And sometimes I even want the crop (and only the crop) to be the same in a color and the bnw version of an image. (Currently, as I understand, I do have to check all settings and uncheck the ones I don't want to be copied or uncheck all and check the few I want to be copied. That's tidious. s. screenshots)
So, it would come in very handy, to have at least three presets for the "Copy Settings" dialogue.

Suggestions anyone?

Thank you so much for you help!

Michael

(And just to avoid confusion, using the normal "Presets" is not a valid option for me as I don't want to create a preset for any ever so tiny change I want to copy from image to another.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make my idea more clear, I quickly drew a wireframe of what I'm trying to achieve...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of people have requested this feature. Please add your constructive opinion to the feature request:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-presets-for-copypastesync-s... 

and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will consider implementing the feature and you'll be notified when they do.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to suggest a faster way of working inside LrClassic.

What you are describing amounts, in effect, to the "bulk" application of changes across groups of images.

If your suggestion for Copy/Paste was in place, each bulk editing action would look like

• make changes to one image
  • do Copy: check or clear the settings you want to copy / select a preset for automating this 
  • highlight target images
  • Paste

Simpler, might be if this was added to Sync instead of Copy:

• make changes to one image
  • highlight other images that need the same editing
  • Sync: check or clear the settings you want to sync / select a preset for automating this

BUT much simpler still (note this different working order does take some getting used to, since the images need to be highlighted before you crop / move the slider / whatever, not afterwards; also with the power of this comes some risk of unintended mass editing, which just needs some care and caution):

while AutoSync is turned on,

• highlight a group of images
  • make any change you like to the active image: that change immediately happens to the others also

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bringing this over from: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/copy-settings-pre-sets-for-various-combinations/td-...:

I'd like to have pre-sets within the "Copy Settings" module. And that's the reason: I use mostly the same settings for all the color images in a shoot and another set of settings I use for the bnw images. And sometimes I even want the crop (and only the crop) to be the same in a color and the bnw version of an image. (Currently, as I understand, I do have to check all settings and uncheck the ones I don't want to be copied or uncheck all and check the few I want to be copied. That's tidious.)
So, it would come in very handy, to have at least three presets for the "Copy Settings" dialogue. I created a screen what that feature could look like:

I'd be happy to see the feature implemented!

Thanks

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @richardplondon ! I tried sth like that – and always I came up with my idea originally posted. For me it seems to be the easiest way to handle that. Thanks again and best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Le plus simple sera de créer quelques presets ! Ceux-ci sont fait pour çà ou alors je ne comprend pas votre besoin ?

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@yves_crausaz: I don't understand French well, but if you suggest using "Presets", that would not help in my case. I want to use the set of PARAMETERS, but NOT the VALUES. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, I struggled a bit in finding the right terms for that: what I want are presets for the parameters, but not for their respective values. That's why any sync-type of solution wouldn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I understood your meaning: you propose having presets to manage which adjustments are to be checked (included), and which settings are to be unchecked (left out), when copying the processing from one image and pasting that onto some others.

This proposal is probably a response to an irritant: that your workflow requires you to keep altering which items are checked within the Copy dialog, and in order to do so you'd have to hold in your head which of the changes you have recently made, are/are not appropriate to copy on to other images. Whether you do this by ticking checkboxes manually, or by choosing which preset will speed up ticking those checkboxes. All this is inherent in that working paradigm.

And then you consider that well, maybe the WB could have been a bit warmer. So you find one image, warm up its individual WB, Copy again (selecting WB to be transferred, however you do that), find those images again, and Paste. 

My suggested alternative paradigm avoids that whole issue because it is more direct and "visual" IMO. You don't have to plan ahead specifically: apart from identifying that several images have probably got related needs. From there on it's a free exploration of how best to meet those needs. Fiddle with (say) WB temp / whatever until you like the result: the other highlighted images share this same change.

But images haven't needed to 'avoid' having their other settings being updated too: those remain unaffected by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate