• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying LR5 catalog to LR Classic

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, I'm preparing to copy my LR5 catalog from an old macbook pro to then open it on Lightroom Classic on a new IMac. The Lightroom 5 catalog. Ircat location on my old macbook pro reads /Users/vidalcenteno/Pictures/Lightroom while the location on the new IMac with the new Lightroom Classic app reads /Users/vcenteno/Pictures/Lightroom. I'm assuming one of these location names has to be changed in order to facilitate a succesful transfer. If I do have to change one of the location names which should I change? Please advise.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LrC catalog can be anywhere you want it to be. However in the folder with the catalog, there will be folders with preview and possibly smart previews. As long as you know where the catalog is, just double click on it and LrC will open it up for you. LrC will also create/recreate the preview folders if they are not present. (This assumes you have already installed LrC V11 through the Adobe Creative Cloud app.)

Note: The first time LrC tries to open an older version of a catalog, it will tell you that it is going to upgrade the catalog to the V11 version.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kenneth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks DS256

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Joseph!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines