• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copyright Prestes

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you apply a general copyright preset to all of your photos at once, or do you need to do them individually?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by a "copyright preset"? A watermark?

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you mean bulk entering copyright statement into the image metadata: yes, easily. 

Maybe the simplest way: in Grid view highlight the needed photos, in metadata panel click Selected Photos (multiple image mode) instead of Targeted Photo (single image mode); whatever you type into e.g. Copyright field applies onto all these photos.

More repeatably, Lightroom Classic has the feature of "metadata presets". These can be applied to images at any time or else invoked as part of their import - just as with a Develop preset, but independently of that. They can fill in multiple fields with pre-typed data all in one go.

Metadata presets are made, and then later applied (to all then highlighted images), from the drop-down menu of the Metadata panel. They are selective: overwriting only those metadata fields that you've specifically checked and leaving the rest as they individually were. Again, as for a Develop preset.

I use import settings - which I keep consistent through the use of a named import preset - that include invoking my standard metadata preset by name. Thus all my images get automatically filled in with copyright, author and such at import time. I don't need to touch this at all - except that, as each new year comes along, I change my copyright text (which shows both name and year) accordingly, for an updated metadata preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines