• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupt catalog, LR generates "-1" duplicates

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom fails to load. This issue occured regularly before the V10 release, which, when installed, seemed to resolve the problem. - until now. The failure is reported as (paraphrasing) Lightroom failed to load catalog, which needs to be repaired. Repairing never works. When this occurs, Lightroom generates duplicate files for the Helper, Previews, Sync, and Catalog, all with '-1' appended.  For instance, for the catalog, the duplicate file is named "Lightroom Master Cat-v10-1.lrcat". The duplicate version also generates the same corrupt file error.

I am able to revert to a backed up catalog, which works until (prior to V10) the catalog fails again. I'm very concerned that I have a bug in my catalog which may result in a catastrophic failure - not to mention that regularly losing a day's work is annoying.

Platform specifics: Lightroom Classic, v10.4; Apple Mac Book Pro 16, OS v11.4; problem generated when attempting to open Lightroom; Result - beach balling, followed by error message.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?