• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted links for pictures in collections

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I migrated to a new Mac a few days ago. When I opened Lightroom Classic I found that a lot of pictures in Collections have missing links and now point to /home directory/Pictures. I've never used this location for storing digital images. All my photos are stored on a NAS and have always been that way.

There are several hundreds of pictures missing in the Collections and an impossible task to manually use the Locate command on every single picture. The 'find nearby photo' option sometimes work but not consistently. Is there any undocumented way to handle?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see:

https://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

I recommend you first concentrate on correcting/updating folder locations. Normally, after updating the folder locations, the pictures locations are resolved in mass.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the article! I don't think it applies directly to my problems however. All my folders and the images within these folders seems fine. However all lot of images gathered in different 'collections' are not visible there and point to the wrong (physical, on the system) locations. The pictures are all available and visible in the Lightroom 'folders'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to explain this better, and possibly use screenshots to demontrate what you mean. Collections are just lists, like playlists in a music player. That means that the images in a collection will always have to same path to their location as in a folder. These paths cannot be different because it's one and the same image.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines