Could not open file because of a disk error Opening Photoshop in Lightroom

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got hit with this error after I recently updated Photoshop and Lightroom. Using MacOS

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022
Have you checked permissions? Apple has gotten a lot stricter with security settings so you must allow access.

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I un-installed and re-installed both applications and I'm still unable to Edit in Photoshop when trying to open from Lightroom. I am able to manually open the Raw files in Photoshop. I'm just not sure why it isn't letting me open Photoshop straight from Lightroom. Makes workflow easy when editing over 1000 photos at once.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked permissions? Apple has gotten a lot stricter with security settings so you must allow access.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a ton! That did the trick, I appreciate the assistance.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same problem on my MAC, an update happened last night, and suddently nothing works with Lightroom, Photoshop or my third party plug-ins. File errors everywhere.  Is this an apple issue?  Is it normal that someone other than me is altering changing permissions without my permission?  Also Rosetta got disabled.  Would an Apple update cause that?  Turned into a lot of time/energy trying to get things running again.  Any advice on how to avoid this in the future?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue after MacOS update that I could not open PS CC 2022 through LRC, but it's okay if open directly from PS CC2022. I could fix the issue by manually adding permission to PS CC2022 for Full Disk Access in Security & Privacy => Privacy. I also have to tick LRC app in the Full Disk Access in order for my LRC can see the subfolder in my WD external HD okay very strange as Lacies External HD has no issue to view subfolder. The MacOS update this time gave me some headache. Fortunately all issues are fixed now.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boom! This did the trick!

It was only my one drive that wasn't working since the update to the new versions of Lightroom Classic and PS2022.  Thank you for this! Life saved. x

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ya'll,

I've been encountering this (can't open because of disk error) and after reading so many forums, I'm not getting the fix that works.
I've checked preferences for the '.plist' file and it doesn't exist.

I have checked 'security and privacy > files and folders' and all is already checked (nothing missing).

Are there any other options?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better to start a new thread. In the new thread, please provide all relevant details, including the exact word-for-word error message.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Repeating: Better to start a new thread. In the new thread, please provide all relevant details, including the exact word-for-word error message. 

Here in this thread, I will not discuss your problem, which is unrelated to this old thread.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines