Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CPU killer

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

Given the 1000+ search results for "slow" and given that people have for years been reporting extreme CPU lagging with even basic tasks, are you planning to overhaul the slow-moving barge that Lightroom has become, instead of applying new coats of paint to the same dinosaur?

Just an example : today it took me 5+ minutes to export 10 b/w images (using smart previews). I have tried everything that this forum recommends. The problem appears to be a fundamental one. The more you upgrade this app, the worse it becomes.

Currently using Bridge to sort/edit/grade my images. Seriously considering moving everything to Capture One, which is made with photographers in mind.

Pay attention to what people are telling you.

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5
Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015
2,5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe...

We're not Adobe in this forum, we are simply other Lightroom Classic users; and your message to Adobe in this forum will not be heard by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hm, my Laptop rig: MAC/v11.1 mid 15 MBPr 15” i7/2.8GHz 16GB R9M370X/2GB.

My LrC not so slow (other than importing a few hundred RAW at end of photo trip day)

I do not use Smart Previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines