Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CR2 Files appear dull

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Lr Classic

I have used Adobe Lightroom Classic for many years and the monthly subscription has maintained and updated the LrC software, until now. I don't use Photoshop or Lr at all.

About 4 to 5 weeks ago I was attempting to blank a floating leaf in my photograph, but it failed. After requesting assistance I discussed details of the issue with the assistance application. Upon trying to obtain a screen-shot to indicate the issue, I found that the assistant had left so I started again. However, there were other items I was directed to which also met with the assistant leaving. This happened several times and each time the assistant left and I needed to start again.

Since restarting took a long time I decided to restart the process again on another day.

After trying several more times to get assistance I decided to install my CD copy of Lightroom 5. This worked Ok for the older photographs, but the more recent photographs I had taken did not work. This was because the Raw files from my more current Canon Cameras were not compatiable in Lightroom 5. However, after trying once again to obtain assistance, this time not only did the assistance asked for other information but during that time neither Lightroom 5 and LrC did not work. Further more my PC crashed and I was unable to restart my PC. Eventually I was able to assertain the "new" pin code to restart my PC, but Lightroom was unresponsive.

Also, during this time, I needed to have a medical procedure in hospital which delayed me from being able to continue attempting to overcome the Lightroom issue. However, I am much better now.

Fortunately the operating system and LrC is stored on my "C:\" drive while my photographs were stored on my "D:\" disk so they were not impacted. But neither version of Lightroom works. In my opinion, I need a full installation of LrC to get my system working again.

Please let me know how and when this can be achieved.

Regards,

Harry Purves

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a lot of information, but you have avoided the information we really need to know what is happening when LrC doesn't start. What is the exact word-for-word error message? How far into the the opening does it get? What version of LrC and what operating system version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Lr Classic

dj_paige,
Well, LrC does startup, but it has a few anomolies.

It seems that some of the recent photo files have some anomalies.

Some of them produce really good CR2 files that can be processed within LrC, and these will make good images as Full Size and/or 1200x800 sized .jpg images.

However, others produced good .jpg images but later the CR2 images are very dull and LrC cannot recover the images.

In addition, some CR2 images were not processed due to other work I was doing, and I didn't get around to process the .jpg images. Therefore there were no .jpg convertions from the CR2 images after the LrC issues started.

Don't forget that after

Regards,
Harry Purves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of them produce really good CR2 files that can be processed within LrC, and these will make good images as Full Size and/or 1200x800 sized .jpg images.

However, others produced good .jpg images but later the CR2 images are very dull and LrC cannot recover the images.

Show us examples. Use the "Insert Photos" icon, do not attach files.

And please answer my other questions: "What version of LrC and what operating system version number."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version of Lightroom Classic is: 12.0.1

The PC runs Windows 10, version 22R2.

I'm looking for the "Insert Photos" icon, but so far I have not seen it. If you know where and what it is I'll send you the info ASAP.

H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The insert photos icon is in the message header of this forum when you write a message, not in Lightroom. You can use it to insert a picture (screenshot) in your message. 2675E8C7-3CB6-44C2-BFC6-0AA1AD61880F.jpeg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel that when my PC crashed LrC got mixed up. It produced a lot of issues, and the most tramatic was the loss of my PC's input PIN number. It took me a long time to get the PC working again, and I had to start using an older PIN number. Is it possible to remove Lightroom 5 and Lightroom Classic and reinstall it? My feeling is that this would be easier and quicker than to repair it over a longer period of time.

Harry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Each of your posts in this thread discuss a different problem. You don't provide responses to the questions asked. Could you please provide the information requested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines