• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash in Library and Develop

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest version of Lightroom classsic and I've never had so many issues. The application keeps crashing and I can't do my work!. First I thought it was due to the developing mode as it first appeared blank and could not do anything there, then started crashing when using the quick dev module under grid mode. Each time I'm forced to log back into Creative Cloud and now the whole program just shuts down after 30sec of being open by itself.

For some reason all the little issues I had with each update were due to this creative cloud loging for one thing or another...Now I can log in fine each time but just keeps crashing.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting preferences. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Try turning off the Graphics Processor inside Lightroom Classic — Preference->Performance->Use Graphics Process set to OFF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DJ-Paige's suggestion about the preferences is your first option. 

If that does not work, you can try "uninstalling" LRC using the vreative Cloud uninstall, restarting the computer, and then reinstalling LRC from the Creative Cloud.

One of my group members had the same exact problem and that solved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes the install runs into a glitch as it installs and maybe some parts are not installed correctly. Uninstalling and reinstalling after restart is one possible solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the preferences is the first thing I tried without success, I was able to adjust the exposure on one image before crashing but that was about it. I will try a full restart as you recommend and hope for the best.  I will report back to see if this is a fix for anyone that is having a similar issue. 

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling seems to have fixed the crashing (knock on wood) If something changes with time I will report back. Thanks, everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great news!!! Glad it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines