• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashes mid-import

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the third time I have imported from a memory card and for whatever reason Lightroom classic crashes during the import and my IMac or my external Hard drive becomes unusable. The first two times it happened my IMac had to go to the Apple store to be repaired. This time it effected my IMac as well as crashed my external HD so that it will not remount to my computer. It was an adobe proble, because I get the error report message from adobe and I submitted the report. But the past two times this has happened I was down for 3-5 days to get everything working and I lost a bunch of edits I had done. I just don't understand how I can continue with this product when their program has the ability to crash my computer of external HD whenever an import crashes. It makes no sense and I have to start looking for alternative software because I can't keep going thru this.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the Lightroom Classic forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Lightroom Classic forum Gregory, please provide some basic info about your computer system and the exact version number of the Lightroom application. See the screen capture for guidance.

Forum-guidelines.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Software (including Lightroom Classic, Microsoft Excel, your favorite shooter games, or any other software) cannot crash a hard disk. The hard disk crashed because it was malfunctioning somehow.

If you look for other software to replace Lightroom Classic, you will likely have the same problem with your hard disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this happen three times, and when Lightroom had an error in mid import, it shuts down, and corrupts part of the Hard drive your import is going to. I got an error message from Lightroom when it happened and sent it to Adobe. After that happened, my external HD will not mount back up to my IMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you importing? What hardware (SD card, Camera, SD card reader, WiFi, USB cable, etc), is  involved? What method (Copy, Copy as DANG, Add) is used? Where do you keep your catalog, where do you keep your photod. Be specific, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a CF card and Card reader connected to my IMac by USB cord. The catalog was stored on this external Hard drive that will not mount anymore. I am doing a straight import from the memory card to the program so I believe that is a copy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the third time I have imported from a memory card and for whatever reason Lightroom classic crashes during the import and my IMac or my external Hard drive becomes unusable.

This is a hardware malfunction somewhere. Software (such as Lightroom Classic, Microsoft Excel, games, etc.) cannot cause a hard disk to become unusable. The hardware malfunctioning can be anything, not limited to hard disk malfunction; and so bad memory chips can cause this, bad motherboard can cause this, and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines