• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashes On Splash Screen at launch

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This week Lightroom Classic has stopped working for me. I click the icon, the splash screen comes up, and the application stops responding. I'm listing all the solutions I've attempted to no success. I can't attach my lightroom preferences since I need to get them from Lightroom, which I can't open. I've attached my Mac details. 

Attempted and Failed Solutions:

1. Uninstall/Reinstall Lightroom
2. Removing Pref Files

3. Removing Lock Files

4. Renaming Cache Files

5. Updating macOS

I have clients who are asking what's happened with their images since I've been struggling with this for almost a week and this is driving me insane. Screenshot 2021-12-18 at 17.10.25.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging into another account (you may need to make one), still crashing? 
Try starting up in Safe mode (hold down Shift Key when booting), still crashing? 
You might want to try running a free utility like Onyx: still crashing? 
https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html
Also view:
https://www.macworld.com/article/352902/onyx-review-macos.html
https://www.macworld.com/article/224955/how-to-reset-a-macs-nvram-pram-and-smc.html
From Adobe:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of clicking on the icon, use finder to navigate to the catalog and double click on it. Point is to make sure the correct catalog is being attempted to open, if LrC was attempting to open the wrong catalog, you may have been checking for a lock file in the wrong folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're close! Trying to open a catalog that's not the default works. How can I get my correct catalogue to open successfully? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So LrC can srart, it might not be the preferences file. And perhaps the catalog that LrC was opening was the wrong one. So, where is the catalog you want to open? Use finder to search for and locate the catalog you want to open. It will have a .lrcat file extension, When you locate it does a lock file exist with similar name, a lock file associated with that catalog., desl with that if it does. Then double click on the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that, and found the lock file, however as soon as I delete it and try open the correct catalogue, the splash screen opens and a new lock file is created in the folder, causing a crash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time to contact Adobe.

By the way, what about your backup of that catalog?

And, your v10 catalog, how much work would you loose if you went back and made a new upgrade of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately (an idiot I know) no backup. I lose 2 months worth of work if I use the old catalogue. How can I get in touch with Adobe? Can't find any chat support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Edward,

Did you find a fix to the crash issue? I'm having the same issue and posted a few days ago.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/help-lightroom-classic-crashes-on-splas...

I also had no sucess deleting the lock files and reloaded the app. Very frustrating.

Greg J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm following this post as, me too, having the same issues on my new M1 Imac, which had been working like a champ up until mid december. Help, Adobe!

-Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines