• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashes

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a los of crashes with Lightroom classic 11.0. Before this version I never had problems with Lightroom.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

With the new version 11.01 the problem seems to be solved.

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’ve reviewed the email address you use with this forum and find no crash reports in our system.

Did you see a crash dialog?

Do you use a different email address when filling out the crash report?

Was the crash dialog Adobe’s? Microsoft’s? Apple’s?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

There was a crash-dialog. I did not fill in my mailing-adress in the report (the next time I will do that). It was a Adobe dialod (dialog from Lightroom).

Here I send you some more informations: After the update to Lightroom classic 11.0 the program did not generate xmp-files any more. Then I selectet the button 'xmp-files' in the settings (first unselect, then select). Since then Lightroom generats the xmp-files correctly, but once or twice a dy the program crashes. I use Lightromm 11.0 and a Windows-computer.

Kind regards

Dominik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The programm crashed again, while workin in the developing tool. It was at 20.14 (MEZ). I sent a report and added my e-mail-adress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new version 11.01 the problem seems to be solved.

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue. 

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html 

If Lightroom doesn't start correctly the please see "Solution 2" in the document behind the second link. 

Troubleshoot GPU issues | Lightroom Classic (adobe.com) 

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences. 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ 

Please check if you have activate the "Auto Save into XMP". If yes try to deactivate and check again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new/2022.html#other-enhancements

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought to try the  new LR but could not get it to work either - for whatever reason 5 PS 3D files + 20 browser windows open + watching YouTube are no issue but selecting a silver coin on a black BG will crash LR  - a clean reinstall did not help so I uninstalled it 

Will  stay with PS which for whatever reason always works .

For whatever reasons I have always had issues with LR but never with PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines