Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Crashing with import

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom 6 on a Mac keeps crashing when I try to import photos from files. I've tried all the basic suggestions and support. My version is 10.16.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version is 10.16.

What us v10.16? Your MACOS? Was that a beta copy? In fact beta 1, or beta 2, not beta 3, not production v11.0, and why not updated to 11.5.2

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all the basic suggestions and support. 

You will need to specify what you have tried, otherwise you will get much the same back. Many people do not like to spin their wheels around, just to be told Nope, tried that.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecked the GPU, optimized, reset preferences, renamed Adobe folder in cache library per Adobe support chat. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Techs actually attempted to help with Lr v6? Wow, most people get, so sorry, no longer supported, try the community page, click.

Some just might get deactivation help (as in need to deactivate v6 as I no longer have the computer, and I need Lr 6 on the replacement)

But actual technical help? Good day to play the lottery.

That luck, and the appearance that your MACOS is way past Mojave, makes me ask, v6? correct? not a subscription plan as in v10.4?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be sure to buy a lot ticket today! Ha

it was short lived help. I the end I got the we can no longer support you 🤣

yes,  it a subscription. 

I'm not very tech savvy so I'm not entirely sure about the v6 question.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom 6 on a Mac keeps crashing when I try to import photos from files. I've tried all the basic suggestions and support. My version is 10.16.

By @Dean0177

Computer crashing is almost always a hardware malfunction or a bad driver somewhere. Computer crashing when importing ... are you importing lots of files, or just a few? Don't answer that, instead give us the exact number of files you are trying to import when you experience the crash.

And also please answer: how large in pixels or megapixels are the original photos you are importing? (Do not tell me megabytes)

A likely possibility is because importing uses lots of CPU, that the computer is overheating because of a cooling system failure somewhere. You need to check to make sure all fans and other parts of the cooling system are working properly, and also make sure that the vents are not clogged with dust and blocked (for example, up against a wall or partition).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes,  it a subscription. 
I'm not very tech savvy so I'm not entirely sure about the v6 question.

Ok, so you are paying monthly (or perhaps annually) to Adobe.

It is possible that you have v6, if you started your subscription at the beginning if subscription, but never ever updated .

So, you should have an application called the So e Creative Cloud Desktop App (ACCDA).

1.png

If you bring that up, mouse hover over Lightroom Classic, what version pops up?

2.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I typed that wrong sorry. Not a subscription. I purchased it a few years ago and havent updated or anything since.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines