• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a virtual copy without affecting published pictures?

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem deleting virtual copies of pictures if I have published the picture to Flickr and dont know what to do. This is what I do: import RAW-file from camera, crop to 4:3 or 16:9 and publish to Flickr. So far everthing is fine but then I want a 1:1 and make a virtual copy, edit and export to my harddrive. Then I dont need the virtual copy and want to delete the copy but this also affects the published picture on Flickr and LR ask me if I want to leave or delete the picture on Flickr?

If i keep the virtual copy the published picture on Flickr will be updated with the latest settings (1:1-format) and the 4:3-version will be replaced.

Is it possible to only publish the orginal version and not the virtual copy? And how do I delete a virtual copy without affecting the original picture on Flickr?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if this may be as simple, as that you have edited your starting (master) version to 1:1 aspect etc, rather than editing the virtual copy you have made from that? Lightroom Classic itself can normally track different versions accurately, each one retaining its own independent editing, Collections membership, Publish attributes etc. Any given image version can possess such attributes regardless of whether it is a master or a virtual copy version - and regardless even, whether master and virtual copy status might be switched - as is also possible. 

Virtual copy status should be e.g. evident from a 'folded corner' on the thumbnail in the Filmstrip. If this indication is currently not showing for you, thumbnail sizing may need to be increased until it does show.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aha... very likely. I´ll try again. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines