• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Individual Presets for HSL Sliders

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey hey, I am wondering if there is a way to create individual HSL slider presets so that I can stack or build on top of others HSL presets wihtout having sliders zero out. So to clarify, I want to develope a blue slider preset without affecting the orange slider. Any hlep is awesome here! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

You can do this by manually editing the preset's .xmp file:

1. Create the preset with just Color Adjustments checked.

2. Right-click the preset and do Show In Finder / Explorer.

3. Edit the .xmp file in a text editor, and delete all the lines starting with crs:HueAdjustment, crs:SaturationAdjustment, and csr:LuminanceAdjustment, except for those of the desired color.  Save the file.

4. Restart LR to force it re-read the .xmp file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is not possible. An HSL preset contains a setting for each slider, also when that slider is zero. That means that if you apply two HSL presets, the second one will overwrite whatever the first one did.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, so how does a company like DVLOP do it? Their presets are able to add on top of each other in regards to HSL sliders as far as I can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People should be able to inspect those presets directly, in that case. Just a text file.

Some presets may apply a certain "look" by other means than e.g. global HSL, and hence not need to supersede those adjustments as currently set. For example a Tone Curve based "look" may tweak RGB output curves (post Basic adjustments); also in Calibration there are sliders affecting the three RGB channels on the input side (pre Basic adjustments). Furthermore a local adjustment may be applied that covers the whole image (e.g. a grad filter) and therefore applies independently of, and in processing terms as a precusor to, the Basic adjustments. Just a thought. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this by manually editing the preset's .xmp file:

1. Create the preset with just Color Adjustments checked.

2. Right-click the preset and do Show In Finder / Explorer.

3. Edit the .xmp file in a text editor, and delete all the lines starting with crs:HueAdjustment, crs:SaturationAdjustment, and csr:LuminanceAdjustment, except for those of the desired color.  Save the file.

4. Restart LR to force it re-read the .xmp file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought about that, but I wasn't sure if that still worked (and couldn't check it because I am on my iPad). In the past, you could do the same with White Balance. You could save a preset for WB, and then manually remove the Tint setting, so you would have a Temperture preset only. That does not seem to work anymore, at least it didn't when the .xmp presets were introduced. Maybe I should try it again...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"You could save a preset for WB, and then manually remove the Tint setting, so you would have a Temperture preset only. That does not seem to work anymore, at least it didn't when the .xmp presets were introduced."

Interesting, I just tried making a preset with crs:Temperature only, and it didn't work (though the HSL sliders described above work).  I used the plugin SDK to create a "plugin-specific preset" (such presets are hidden from users), and it was able to set just Temperature.  Plugin-specific presets still use the old .lrtemplate format.

When LR and Camera Raw decided to share presets, there were a lot of odd bugs, rough edges, and changes in functionality introduced into LR. I don't think the preset sharing was designed and implemented by someone who understood LR presets very well (and the programming was shoddy).  These bugs were a main reason why I retired my Any Preset plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines