• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud is asking me to sign in repeatedly - can't open Lightroom or Photoshop

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As said in the topic title I can't launch any of my apps. Every time I try to launch Lightroom or Photoshop (I have the photography plan) the software prompts me to register over and over again and the app never launches.

I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the creative cloud app and I payed my subscription fee.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,

Clément

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

OK, thanks, that looping back to the first message is very similar. The problem is probably in the data that CC has stored locally, meaning that the re-installed applications are still referring to the bad information.

So I would suggest that your next step is to try the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool which wipes that data. See if it works for you. In my case, it didn't work and I had to contact Adobe support (go into "Account Issues" and look for "Show me my contact option" to get into Chat). I ev

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type of computer you are using?

OS installed?

Make sure you are Signed In with the same Adobe ID you used to purchase the Photographers Plan in the Creative Cloud Desktop App (Human bust icon in upper right hand corner of the CC DTA window).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. I'm using a custom built desktop computer running Windows 10 Family. I'm sure that I'm signed in in the Creative Cloud Desktop with the same account that was used to purchase the photography plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign Out, Reboot your system then sign back in and test.

If that fails Uninstall both PS and LR and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried to uninstall and reinstall the CC installer and rebooted my computer many times. Will try to uninstall PS and LR now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to uninstall and reinstall the apps and that didn't change anything. When I launch either PS or LR I have to sign in over and over again and the software never starts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you do a screenshot of the Sign In screen? Is it asking you to sign in, and then simply looping back to the same screen? Just describe a bit more about the exact steps - it sounds like a problem I have encountered, but I would like a bit more detail before suggesting a solution.

One thing you can try is to delete the Adobe Creative Cloud application (below) and then reinstall it from this Adobe link.Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 18.47.19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing, sorry for all the french :

When I launch LR or PS I see this message asking me to log in :

launching lightroom.PNG

I confirm that the email address that I've hidden is the one that is associated with the Adobe account that has the photography plan activated.

So I click on "se connecter" which means connect.

Then I see this :

thank you.PNG

Which basically means "thank you, creative cloud photography is now licensed under 'your email address' click on continue to enjoy the software". When I click on continue the software does not launch, the first message appears again. And this goes on and on and on...

I already tried to uninstall and install again the Creative Cloud app and that didn't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks, that looping back to the first message is very similar. The problem is probably in the data that CC has stored locally, meaning that the re-installed applications are still referring to the bad information.

So I would suggest that your next step is to try the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool which wipes that data. See if it works for you. In my case, it didn't work and I had to contact Adobe support (go into "Account Issues" and look for "Show me my contact option" to get into Chat). I eventually needed to share my screen with the support guy, but I could follow his steps and I was happy with how the problem was resolved. Hopefully the CC Cleaner will do the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Uninstalling everything then using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool worked, thanks for your help. @ Just Shoot Me: thank you for trying to help too.

Have a good one.

Best,

Clément

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Thanks for letting us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chatted with the Adobe guy and he took control of my screen and said in teh end that the problem awas solved for ever. It's not.

William

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi William,

If you're having trouble getting signed in, please start a new thread and provide all the details. This 4 year old thread is already marked as solved, so you'll get a better response with a new thread for your own issue. 

In your new post please describe in detail your system, OS version, and Creative Cloud version numbers for the CC Desktop app and all apps you're using, including LRC and PS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am I being asked to sign into CC continuously?

Why do I need to sign in at all?

Did Adobe mess up an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the method shown in the correct answer above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this happen and the tips here didn't fix it.  For me, the issue turned out to be due to the fact that my work manages my computer.  The the semi-annual forced change of my institutional password didn't reset the keychain password to access the computer.  Resetting the keychain to match fixed it.  I then entered my ID and password once and the application then stayed open.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines