Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been using Lightroom 6 on Windows for year, and I don't like "Cloud stuff". I have recently switched to MacOS, and Lightroom 6 won't install on it and it has now also broken on my Windows (See someone else's other htread).

Anyway, I cannot justify a monthly Cloud subscription, so two questions:

1) Can I subscribe for a month when I come back from a holiday, and sort out my photos, and when I seven months later want to do some photo work, re-enable my subscription and get back in?

2) What about all my current Lightroom v6 collections? Will they just import into the latest Lightroom Classic?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no monthly subscription per say, you will be required to sign up for a year with monthly payments if you cancel during the year there will be penalty's. What you are suggesting is no an option.

Lightroom Classic the upgrade from Lr 6, is only available with the Adobe Phography Plan which includes Photoshop, Lightroom (cloud-based) and Lightroom Mobile.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have been using Lightroom 6 on Windows for year, and I don't like "Cloud stuff"." It sounds like what you really me is 'subscription stuff' since Lightroom Classic download and runs on the computer. You don't have to use any 'cloud stuff' unless you want. That's the way I run LrC. Everything is contained to my desktop.

I can't answer your question about toggling subscriptions on/off but in relation to "What about all my current Lightroom v6 collections? Will they just import into the latest Lightroom Classic?"  there is no import involved. LrC upgrades your LR6 catalogue to the new format retaining pointers to your existing photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I subscribe for a month when I come back from a holiday, and sort out my photos, and when I seven months later want to do some photo work, re-enable my subscription and get back in?

No, you sign a contract for using Lightroom Classic which requires you to pay for a whole year (whether you pay monthly or pay one annual sum). You can end the contract before one year, and then you owe Adobe a penalty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, sounds like Adobe doesn't want me as a customer, to be honest. Do they really think people who use it 3-4 times a year will go along with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you believe it that Adobe doesn't target their products at everyone? Adobe doesn't know you, and it doesn't matter what Adobe thinks. If this arrangement is not to your liking, then the reasonable thing for you to do is to not subscribe. Same as with any other company, if you don't like the terms that apply to your license, then don't purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chill, please.

I did not mean *me* per se, but it is an odd model for a consumer grade product that will probably halve their costumer base. They can do what they like, they're not in a communist country, and I (and millions of others) can do what we like and not use their products.

Goodbye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines