Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop overlay shortcuts

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in crop overlay i am missing some extra features with shortcut keys:

I have for example a school with 900 pupils and are about to batch edit these. First off is to choose crop ratio to 4:5 which is easily done auto (it then centers everything within those boundaries), then when i go to develop module and are in crop overlay i want to use just keyboard shortcuts to quickly do everything until its finished. The problem is that Lightroom stops when hitting for example the left margin since it cant make crops outside the photo (which is fine of course). So when i start using the arrowkeys to the left (since the portrait is not centered along the eyes) i want to continue center the portrait but it can't do it cause of those limitations. My idea is that Lightroom should continue (could be an extra setting checkbox in crop overlay options) to then start making the overlay smaller to compensate for this from an origin  of top left until i am satisfied with trying to center the portrait. Instead i have switch to my mouse and use the corners of that overlay to adjust it until centered. 

This way i could do the crop's lightningfast. Using mouse in anything is 10 times slower than keyboard shortcuts as anyone knows. Hope i explained it well enough.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a clear description of what you want. You can submit a feature request in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all product suggestions and bug reports:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/

Product developers read everything posted there, but rarely participate here, which is primarily a user-to-user forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines